Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex backdating - what is it?

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Amex backdating - what is it?

@Shock_ wrote:

Hmmmm...so in theory, getting a backdated AMEX card will not hurt your AAOA correct?

Why would it hurt? It is the one of the  main reasons people obtain Amex

Message 11 of 14
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

@Shock_ wrote:

Hmmmm...so in theory, getting a backdated AMEX card will not hurt your AAOA correct?

Exactly!!  I knew I was going on a little spree and knew that two backdated...I mean, mamber since...Amexs would help me smooth the spree in addition to racking up a combined 80K in points. Plus, I wanted back in with Amex but the member since was a big plus for me...back to 1988!!

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 12 of 14
brikays
Regular Contributor

@Blackrv7 wrote:

@Shock_ wrote:

Exactly!!  I knew I was going on a little spree and knew that two backdated...I mean, mamber since...Amexs would help me smooth the spree in addition to racking up a combined 80K in points. Plus, I wanted back in with Amex but the member since was a big plus for me...back to 1988!!

1988 - wow, when some of us were barely 8 yrs old Smiley Happy

~ Hover over cards to view limits ~

Message 13 of 14
dta
New Contributor

@Shock_ wrote:

Depends on when the first card was, and the rest of your credit profile. The new account is reported as of the month it was actually opened, and the year the first Amex was opened. My credit file goes back to 1998. So for me, whose first Amex was this past July, a new backdated Amex would hurt my AAoA. But as time goes on the benefit will be there.

Freedom | BofA CR | Amex BCE | NFCU CR | CSP | Fidelity Amex | Citi AA Plat | Discover it | Amex PRG | US Airways Prem | SW RR Plus | Delta Gold | Citi Double Cash | WF Propel 360 | Chase BA
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.