Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex backdating?

tag
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

Amex backdating?

My mother just got a new amex credit card. If I add her to my gold card, will they backdate her card to my date? 

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
dharalex
Established Contributor

Re: Amex backdating?

You should all and ask, but I spoke to a car, and he said they can't change the date of an original cardholder. In other words, if your mom never had a card, you added her onto yours, THEN she got her own, it would backdate to yours. But since she has established her own, they won't change it. You may get a different answer, so it's worth calling.

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Message 2 of 4
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

Worth a shot. Not that 2 years is old, but better the brand new line. So if she added me as a AU it would backdate for me?

@dharalex wrote:
You should all and ask, but I spoke to a car, and he said they can't change the date of an original cardholder. In other words, if your mom never had a card, you added her onto yours, THEN she got her own, it would backdate to yours. But since she has established her own, they won't change it. You may get a different answer, so it's worth calling.

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Message 3 of 4
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

@crosbyk1 wrote:

My mother just got a new amex credit card. If I add her to my gold card, will they backdate her card to my date? 

I had the same thing happen with my wife she got hers in January of this year and I got mine in February, however mine was backdated to 2000 (I was on an account with my grandfather) so I added DW to mine thinking it would change hers--- it didn't but my card does show opened in 2000 on her CR but IF she apps for another I believe it will show a 2011 opening year 

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.