Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex backdating...

tag
bluescale
Regular Contributor

Amex backdating...

I have an Amex corporate card through work.  Due to its nature, it doesn't show up on my credit report, which is unfortunate, since I've had it for ages.  If I apply for an Amex, any chance I can get them to consider the date of the corporate card for backdating purposes?  My assumption is no, but I wanted to see if anyone on this forum had a definitive answer.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
zeusta20
Established Contributor

Re: Amex backdating...

Is your social attached to the card? I assume it would be since the card is in your name. But if its NOT, then no. If its not showing up on your credit report, then the backdating is not going to be there.

Thats my take on it at least....anybody else like to chime in?

@bluescale wrote:

I have an Amex corporate card through work.  Due to its nature, it doesn't show up on my credit report, which is unfortunate, since I've had it for ages.  If I apply for an Amex, any chance I can get them to consider the date of the corporate card for backdating purposes?  My assumption is no, but I wanted to see if anyone on this forum had a definitive answer.

Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Sig-15k
Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa Infinite-10k
Chase Freedom-4k
1st Financial Bank USA-11.4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Thank you Preferred-4.8k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
EX: 737
EQ: 722
TU: 735
Message 2 of 6
flan
Regular Contributor

@bluescale wrote:

There are mixed reports on this working.  If you want the personal card any way, apply and call them, after you have it in your hands, and say "the member since date is wrong", and see if they'll fix that.   The worst that will happen is they'll say no. 

Message 3 of 6
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@bluescale wrote:

Unfortunately, I have never read a definitive answer to this question. It's strictly a YMMV situation. Many here have reported being able to backdate a personal card off of a corporate card, and some say it is impossible. Good luck in your try!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 4 of 6
bluescale
Regular Contributor

Thanks for your comments, folks.  I *think* I'm going to stay in the garden for the time being.  When I get out, I'll see what I can do with Amex.  I'll let everyone know.

Message 5 of 6
Madman94044
Regular Contributor

I have had a similar Amex corp card since 2003, I now have two personal Amex cards that have been backdated to 2003. I was told 'no' by a rep saying that corp and personal cards are different. I asked again about a month later and got backdated...
Staring Score:EQ 649 TU 647 EX 644
Current Score: EQ 786 TU 699 EX 746
Goal Score: 800
Wallet: SF Fire CU $5000 CL Chase Freedom 4000 CL, Chase MP $5000, WellsFargo $6000 CL, Amex Gold NPSL, Cap1 CashRewards $2500 CL, Amex BCP $12000 Discover More $1200 CSP 18000
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.