Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex… bad omen?

tag
HenryJumbo
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex… bad omen?

I don't blame Amex. I'm saying that I see this as a bad omen. I have recived a debit card from Commerce Bank (before it was TD Bank). Another debit card from TD Bank, Capital One (debit and credit), a card from Bank of America, and a card from Chase all by mail. I know Amex is doing its best to send me a card, I just don't want to bring any noise to my account and have them give me trouble for calling and requesting new cards so early. As jsucool76 stated I don't want the drama of a fraud alert thingy on my account.

Starting Score: EX: 736 FAKO | TU: 757 FICO | EQ 730 FICO
Current Score: EX: 736 FAKO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ 730 FICO
Goal Score:     EX: 750 FICO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ: 750 FICO
In my wallet:  $16,000  $8,000
Message 11 of 24
LS2982
Mega Contributor

They would FR if your spending close to your annual income or something along those lines. If you haven't recieved your card that's something totally different.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 24
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@HenryJumbo wrote:

I don't blame Amex. I'm saying that I see this as a bad omen. I have recived a debit card from Commerce Bank (before it was TD Bank). Another debit card from TD Bank, Capital One (debit and credit), a card from Bank of America, and a card from Chase all by mail. I know Amex is doing its best to send me a card, I just don't want to bring any noise to my account and have them give me trouble for calling and requesting new cards so early. As jsucool76 stated I don't want the drama of a fraud alert thingy on my account.

Can't hate on the fraud alert too much. I would be suspicious if a bunch of cards were ordered for the same account. I think the main reason was because I had them shipped to my at school address, not my home address (Which wasn't on my account). All i had to go was go to the bank and get my identity verified, and I even got a second CC.

You should get the card by monday, don't worry about alerting amex, if worst comes to worst and they give you a fraud alert, it's for your own good to make sure no one jacked your cards. 

Message 13 of 24
HenryJumbo
Regular Contributor

Thanks guys I'll just wait for my card Monday. I hope I don't have to make another phone call to Amex for a year lol. When it comes I will definitely remember how I came about getting my blue card.

Message 14 of 24
OptimalFICO
Valued Member

HenryJumbo, UPS doesn't automatically deliver on Saturdays unless that service is selected as it costs extra. With FedEx for example, there is a difference between "next day" and "next day with Saturday delivery."  The AmEx rep may not have known there was an additional box to check. I have experienced this with Verizon several times. It will probably come on Monday. It's great that you are being diligent, but don't cancel your card as another suggested. AmEx typically has amazing customer service and it has always been my favorite credit card company to deal with for everything - CLIs, disputes, etc. I have the Blue Cash card and I am a very happy customer. I think it'll be worth the wait. If your area has a lot of mail theft, as you mentioned, consider getting statements electronically only (no paper statements) as this will help reduce the threat of ID theft.

Message 15 of 24
HenryJumbo
Regular Contributor

Thx I don't think I'll cancel the card. I have no ill-will towards Amex as I know it must of just been a fluke. And the delivery thing on Saturday makes a lot of sense. I'll keep you guys posted if anything else comes up, hopefully I can finally get around to enjoying the card Monday.

Message 16 of 24
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Whew - in a world where instant gratification test our logic and thinking

I'm sure we've all had the same crazy thoughts.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 17 of 24
jsucool76
Super Contributor

What they need to do is simply let everyone print out their credit cards at home as soon as they're approved. Give us special plastic (or metal for those of you with ur cool CSP) printers and stuff so we don't need to wait. The only thing worse than waiting for ur CC in the mail is when you're waiting for a decision. 

Message 18 of 24
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

Did Amex send you the pre package letter? Before I got the BCP I gotta letter a few days earlier with my EX Fico score and  a letter saying why I was approved and when I should expect the card and 'welcome package'.

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 19 of 24
HenryJumbo
Regular Contributor

@iMacDrew

No. The funny thing is when I got accepted for my Chase Freedom and Capital One Rewards card I didn't receive any letter showing my FICO score and reason ahead of the TOS and welcome. I read on the forums of people getting those letters showing the FICO pulled but I never received a single letter like that. As for Amex I didn't even receive the card let alone a letter showing the FICO pulled. I did however receive a pre-approval letter for the Green Card before I applied for the BC and recently (while I was desperately checking the mail for my BC) I got a RSVP for a Gold Card in the mail.

Now that I check the preapproval letters again I see that they do have my apartment number on it. I don't know why the customer service rep told me that they didn't have my apartment number. Ugh, did someone forget to mail out my card... and now their covering their butts by saying I didn't have the apartment?

I officially blame it on the Mercury retrograde.

In any case I'll be looking forward to finally having my card tomorrow. Hopefully this was just a fluke and not a sign of things to come. I will continue to have a positive attitude. This is the strangest card I ever got. 

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.