Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex blacklist Q

tag
gary4872
Regular Contributor

Amex blacklist Q

9 years ago I had a personal Amex account that I believe went charge-off then was PIF. I remember receiving an Oasis offer in the mail but never followed-up at the time. The account isn't on any of my CRs.

Out of curiosity I called Amex a few weeks ago to ask about the old account. They said they couldn't find it in their system but that there was a corporate card CO. I had a corporate card from an employer a couple years ago and I think they were having cash flow issues. The Amex account was setup so that it was corporate responsibility, which would also explain why this is not on my CR.

So my question is, would either of these cause me to be blacklisted?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex blacklist Q

Might be worth the inquiry to find out!
Does not sound like amex has you in computer at all.
Message 2 of 7
gary4872
Regular Contributor

Well when I had called they pulled up the corp account with the info I gave them. So, even though I am not responsible for the card, Amex still has me associated with it.
Message 3 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Have you done the pre-approval site to see if you get offered anything?
Message 4 of 7
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

My story’s very similar to yours, but the only diff is there’s no corp cc involved and the lapsed time is 10+ yrs.  Long story short, amex sent me a preapproval offer for a new cc about 1 yr ago.  I apped and got declined.  Reason stated?  Past delinquency w/amex.  I’ve heard they blacklist for forever- which is why I am kicking myself for not taking them up on the oasis offer @ the time (couldn’t afford to).

Message 5 of 7
gary4872
Regular Contributor

I wasn't offered anything on the preapproval site last time I checked just out of interest. I didn't expect to get a pre-approval based on my FICOs at the time. My scores are much better now and are  in Amex range but I still wouldn't actually apply until October or so (after I refinance my home) By that point, my scores would no doubt qualify me. I'm always just thinking ahead Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 7
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

I suggest calling amex before you apply.  Like I said, I had preapprovals via both mail and on the amex site and still got declined due to mismanaging an amex card 10+ yrs ago.  Others have said amex NEVER forgets and I have not seen anyone who has been able to regain an amex card (excluding those who took the oasis offer WHEN it was made) after burning them, even w/ficos in the 700s.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.