Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex canceling Zync Packs.

tag
Alcibiades
Contributor

Re: Amex canceling Zync Packs.

@Walt_K wrote:

I don't get this fascination with Zync.  It's not the first credit product to be discontinued.  I've never seen people saying they really want to keep their Continental President's Club card just because there will no longer be any more issued.

1) It earned decent rewards when paired with an Amex MR card
2) The card, to this day, gets "Wow, white Amex!" reactions from people I present it to. It seems to be up there with Centurion, Palladium, etc when it comes to pure reactions (I know it is kind of trivial, but it is worth considering)

Message 11 of 74
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@ilovelisa wrote:

Just got a letter in the mail today from amex that if you are enrolled in any Zync pack they will be canceling them by April 8. And also if you call and cancel them yourself by a certain date, they will refund what you paid for them.  So now its only 1 membership express point per dollar. I really want to cancel this card, but then again I don't because it is rare now. It also said if you want to cancel your card for this reason, they will refund your annual fee on the card.

Thats not cool at all! But it is a "rare" AMEX card. I would keep it just for the NPSL which is awesome!

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 12 of 74
Pworld
Regular Contributor

Man i needed that vegas pack, since im there 3-5 times a...

Man i needed that vegas pack, since im there 3-5 times a year easily. 

But keeping it strictly for the shock value. Like everybody else i always get the "there is a white american express??" and that will now triple, since when they go look online. THEY CANT FIND IT!! It will now be called the unicorn express. 

Current EQ:809 EX: 808 TU:809

Amex Platinum/ NPSL | Amex Zync/NPSL | Amex Green/NPSL | AMEX BCP/18.1k | Chase Freedom/2.2K | Discover IT/10.9K | Amex HHonors Surpass/9K | Chase Hyatt/5k | Sapphire Preferred/13K | Ink Business Preferred/13K
Message 13 of 74
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

@Cdnewmanpac wrote:

@Walt_K wrote:

I don't get this fascination with Zync.  It's not the first credit product to be discontinued.  I've never seen people saying they really want to keep their Continental President's Club card just because there will no longer be any more issued.

It is a weird looking Amex that almost nobody outside credit forums has ever heard of. I've had more comments about it from servers/bartenders/merchants than I can count. So it is kind of fun for those of us who will never see a centurion or palladium or other similar card to get a bit of VIP reaction with a card that is, in fact, the bottom tier card in the Amex line. Most servers have no idea what a Continental President's Club card is and I've had a grand total of one comment about my CSP, but a white Amex is "ballin'", as the kids today say (or something like that).

I have worked in a retail store for almost two years now, and anybody that uses a credit card, we have we have to ask to see the last 4 digits on the card, I probably do over 40 transactions a day that involve a credit card and I have seen so many types of different cards, but I have never seen anybody else with a Zync, besides me. That also goes for a discover it card too. 

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 14 of 74
chan85
Established Contributor

I got my letter too. Thinking about paying it off totally and switching to my cap1 card for cash back rewards. Wasn't really trying to get any new cards for a bit, so I'll have to mke due with what I have. Smiley Sad

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 15 of 74
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Ah well proof that I am an emotional being after all; I shouldn't rationally really care but I have to admit being disappointed at this news.

The Zync has more than served it's purpose for me: it established my membership date, it undoubtedly earned me the BCP approval, and the exclusion from the FICO '04 and later revolving utilization calculation is pretty useful.

Sort of wish I'd known about this two weeks ago as I would've changed my app spree targets, and I may keep using it anyway out of habit at restaurants, but really every other base 1% rewards card is just a tradeline for farming purposes for me, it's unfortunate to see the Zync go that way too.

        
Message 16 of 74
chan85
Established Contributor

If I apply for another card with AMEX is it a hard pull? Or is it only a soft it is the same type of card- i.e. another charge card? Can I try to switch my zync to one of the blue cash rewards cards? Or will I have to reapply and take another hard pull?

Current Debt Management:
$10k NFCU

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 17 of 74
chan85
Established Contributor

I logged in to see what cards were available and it shows "upgrade your card" and has other charge cards listed and I can click on which one I want to switch to. When I click on my benefits, it takes me to info about the Green Amex card, so all info about the zync packs is gone. Is anyone else seeing this?

Current Debt Management:
$10k NFCU

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Message 18 of 74
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

How do you find the upgrade your card option?

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 74
chan85
Established Contributor

When I logged in, I clicked on the tab for additional cards, and selected see all personal cards. Then I selected see all cards. It was just there after that, in a window on the left side of the page.

Current Debt Management:
$10k NFCU

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Message 20 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.