Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex canceling Zync Packs.

tag
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex canceling Zync Packs.

weird mine says to call in to manage my cards =___= but if i click on view all cards it works fine. but mine is at the top not the left side. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 21 of 74
chan85
Established Contributor

Hmmm.... that's weird.... I wonder if they are going to eventually convert this to the Green card since thats basically what it is, but the express rewards aren't as good....

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 22 of 74
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@chan85 wrote:

Hmmm.... that's weird.... I wonder if they are going to eventually convert this to the Green card since thats basically what it is, but the express rewards aren't as good....

as long as its still 25$ im okay with that. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 23 of 74
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Sweet, Amex's portal is down for me with some nasty IBM Websphere error message; oh wait now I can get in and my transaction history history is down.

Apparently this Zync hoopla has overrun Amex's web infrastructure... protesters unite! Cat Tongue

        
Message 24 of 74
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

Is $25 a year low enough to convince me to keep an ultra-rare Amex account open, even though I am already paying for the PRG?  Yeah, probably.

Honestly, I think the accounts will be transferred over to the Green within the next year.  But for the time being, I'll hold out.

Message 25 of 74
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

@LionLaw wrote:

Is $25 a year low enough to convince me to keep an ultra-rare Amex account open, even though I am already paying for the PRG?  Yeah, probably.

Honestly, I think the accounts will be transferred over to the Green within the next year.  But for the time being, I'll hold out.

I really do hope that if they transfer the accounts to green, they won't try to charge the $95 AF. IMO not worth it for 1% in rewards.

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 26 of 74
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

My guess is they will keep it open.  You have to charge $2500/year just to cover your AF.  When you add merchant fees to this its an easy profit center for them.  I'll keep zync as long as I can.  I'll even use every now and again.  I'll probably end up getting another charge card sooner now rather than later.   Maybe I should just wait for another 100k pt. offer.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 27 of 74
logan_720
Established Contributor

Hmm. Tough decisions. I might just let mine age since it basically did its job, and helped me build enough history snag the Hilton Amex. I'll just pay the AF and let them close it on their own. Smiley Very Happy

Logan

Message 28 of 74
Ron1
Super Contributor

I hate to see them cancelling the packs.  I haven't gotten any letters from them. I'm going to keep the card until they discontinue.

Ron.

Message 29 of 74
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Given that they want to phase out the Zync, this is a smart move by Amex. Current holders will then be forced into one of two situations: keep a sub-standard product with an AF and low rewards just for the novelty, or cancel the card and get a different product like green/gold/etc. If they terminated it outright they'd probably feel compelled to offer a PC. This way they can force people to re-apply for their more traditional products, and simultaneously deny those who they don't want back. After all they need to offer some illusion of choice, when the fact of the matter is there isn't any.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 30 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.