Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex card 9y after BK?

tag
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex card 9y after BK?

@Videoguy

Amex may (or will) send agent to the BK proceding, ussually to judge the prospect of possible money recovery at later time. This could happen, when BK discharge is in high amount. 

I highly doubt this.  I burned Amex for over $25k, no one showed.  I have a friend who burned them for over $150k, no one showed.  

Message 21 of 28
Videoguy

Story of my life, lot of conversation with Ammex representatives and personal expirience of love/hate relationship with Amex. Read my other entry in other topics forums.... Man LOL

Message 22 of 28
Videoguy

Well, they show up on mine and we talk....  I belive, they also can access files since they are the creditor. BTW, they can (as creditor) stop, or questioned BK before the judge, if they find good reason.

Actually, I have to file for BK, becouse they file law suit in civil court against me, for whatever I own to them.... 1995 and I'm still on BL today. I can't even be AU....... 

Message 23 of 28
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

"........Income is over $500k yearly"

You drive a Porsche

Repay your debt?

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did pay back many of my creditors who were understanding toward my situation at the time.

My personal Amex Gold was fully paid up at the time of BK. I had been a 20 year member at that point, always current.

The bankruptcy was due to a failing business and it was the Amex Open for the business that was IIB. Amex cancelled my personal Gold card, which I consider punitive since it was never a delinquent account. I even wrote a personal appeal to AMEX which was rejected. So no, they won't be paid back that debt. In the interim 10 years, they would have earned far more from me in commissions from my purchases than the relatively small amount that had to be IIB had they not cancelled the personal card in the first place. Someone, somewhere in that company had a choice. AMEX has a memory; so do I!

Message 25 of 28
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Im sorry but I dont agree with your reasoning.  Amex refused to reopen your Gold Card because you burnt them on another card. You are miffed at this decision. Becaude of this, you REFUSE to repay your debt. There are people here living paycheck to paycheck but they manage to find money to pay old bills. I had credit problems in the past and I always accepted the consequences for my actions. But you, it would only take you two days of working to earn enough to repay your debt but you refuse.

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meanmchine wrote:

Im sorry but I dont agree with your reasoning.  Amex refused to reopen your Gold Card because you burnt them on another card. You are miffed at this decision. Becaude of this, you REFUSE to repay your debt. There are people here living paycheck to paycheck but they manage to find money to pay old bills. I had credit problems in the past and I always accepted the consequences for my actions. But you, it would only take you two days of working to earn enough to repay your debt but you refuse.

You are entitled to disagree and thank you for your sharing your opinion about that.

However, you appear to be judging me morally, which would appear to be against the spirit if not the letter of a forum such as this. As you know, bankruptcy legally discharges a debt obligation, so there is nothing I am obliged to do that I am refusing to do. I came to this forum for practical advice, not your moral judgement. 

Message 27 of 28
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Please try to keep to the topic and spare the passing of judgement.  As we all know any debt included and discharged in bankruptcy doesn't have to be paid back.  If one is so inclinded to do so, great.  However, if a person decides not to, regardless of their ability, that's okay as well.  If one can't comply with the FSR terms of the forum then I politely ask that you please refrain from posting.  Thanks for your understanding.  

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.