cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex card offers when logged in to amex account

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Amex card offers when logged in to amex account

So I logged in to my amex account and saw a green banner up top for the PRG card 25k points for 1k spend. I clicked it and it opened up a page and looking through the terms I do not see any language about not being able to get the bonus if I had the product before. Also on that page are the Amex plat card 60k points for 5k and spg card 25k points for 3k spend. AF is waived for the first year on the PRG and SPG card not waived on plat card. These are all the personal versions of the cards and I have held all three of these personal cards in the past but do not currently have any of them. I do have the business gold charge card and spg business card. What is the deal with this? Can I get the signup bonus again for these cards? 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex card offers when logged in to amex account


@red259 wrote:

So I logged in to my amex account and saw a green banner up top for the PRG card 25k points for 1k spend. I clicked it and it opened up a page and looking through the terms I do not see any language about not being able to get the bonus if I had the product before. Also on that page are the Amex plat card 60k points for 5k and spg card 25k points for 3k spend. AF is waived for the first year on the PRG and SPG card not waived on plat card. These are all the personal versions of the cards and I have held all three of these personal cards in the past but do not currently have any of them. I do have the business gold charge card and spg business card. What is the deal with this? Can I get the signup bonus again for these cards? 


If you received the bonus on any of those cards, no. If you had the card but didn't get the bonus, then yes, you're eligible for the bonus. That PRG 25k for 1k MR is golden, HOP ON IT!!!





Okay, I tried... Code wouldn't cooperate. Tried for 3 hours!!!
CapOne WMTMC 10K
AMEX GREEN NPSL
AMEX ED 26.1K
Message 2 of 8
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: Amex card offers when logged in to amex account


@Gardener76 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

So I logged in to my amex account and saw a green banner up top for the PRG card 25k points for 1k spend. I clicked it and it opened up a page and looking through the terms I do not see any language about not being able to get the bonus if I had the product before. Also on that page are the Amex plat card 60k points for 5k and spg card 25k points for 3k spend. AF is waived for the first year on the PRG and SPG card not waived on plat card. These are all the personal versions of the cards and I have held all three of these personal cards in the past but do not currently have any of them. I do have the business gold charge card and spg business card. What is the deal with this? Can I get the signup bonus again for these cards? 


If you received the bonus on any of those cards, no. If you had the card but didn't get the bonus, then yes, you're eligible for the bonus. That PRG 25k for 1k MR is golden, HOP ON IT!!!


I used to think that as well but Pooka89, ex Amex employee posted that was not the case and said that the once in a lifetime rule applied whether you completed the bonus requirements or not when you previously had the card.

Message 3 of 8
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Amex card offers when logged in to amex account

Not sure then why they are telling me based on my spend that I should get this card with this offer and then have no bonus exclusion for having the card in the past in the offer terms. Seems kinda messed up. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 4 of 8
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex card offers when logged in to amex account


@Irish80 wrote:

@Gardener76 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

So I logged in to my amex account and saw a green banner up top for the PRG card 25k points for 1k spend. I clicked it and it opened up a page and looking through the terms I do not see any language about not being able to get the bonus if I had the product before. Also on that page are the Amex plat card 60k points for 5k and spg card 25k points for 3k spend. AF is waived for the first year on the PRG and SPG card not waived on plat card. These are all the personal versions of the cards and I have held all three of these personal cards in the past but do not currently have any of them. I do have the business gold charge card and spg business card. What is the deal with this? Can I get the signup bonus again for these cards? 


If you received the bonus on any of those cards, no. If you had the card but didn't get the bonus, then yes, you're eligible for the bonus. That PRG 25k for 1k MR is golden, HOP ON IT!!!


I used to think that as well but Pooka89, ex Amex employee posted that was not the case and said that the once in a lifetime rule applied whether you completed the bonus requirements or not when you previously had the card.


Thank you for correcting me Irish!

 

Well then OP... Use the chat feature and see or give them a call, the worse thing they can say is "no"...





Okay, I tried... Code wouldn't cooperate. Tried for 3 hours!!!
CapOne WMTMC 10K
AMEX GREEN NPSL
AMEX ED 26.1K
Message 5 of 8
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex card offers when logged in to amex account


@Gardener76 wrote:

@Irish80 wrote:

@Gardener76 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

So I logged in to my amex account and saw a green banner up top for the PRG card 25k points for 1k spend. I clicked it and it opened up a page and looking through the terms I do not see any language about not being able to get the bonus if I had the product before. Also on that page are the Amex plat card 60k points for 5k and spg card 25k points for 3k spend. AF is waived for the first year on the PRG and SPG card not waived on plat card. These are all the personal versions of the cards and I have held all three of these personal cards in the past but do not currently have any of them. I do have the business gold charge card and spg business card. What is the deal with this? Can I get the signup bonus again for these cards? 


If you received the bonus on any of those cards, no. If you had the card but didn't get the bonus, then yes, you're eligible for the bonus. That PRG 25k for 1k MR is golden, HOP ON IT!!!


I used to think that as well but Pooka89, ex Amex employee posted that was not the case and said that the once in a lifetime rule applied whether you completed the bonus requirements or not when you previously had the card.


Thank you for correcting me Irish!

 

Well then OP... Use the chat feature and see or give them a call, the worse thing they can say is "no"...


Check Incognito mode first. I believe the have 50K for 2k spend on the PRG right now.

AMEXPRG.jpgBCP.jpgstarwood-preferred-guest.pnggold-delta-skymiles.pngCapOne QS new.pngavsf0i.pngciti-double-cash-credit-card.jpgplatinum_visa_card.png41VgxfCVJOL.jpg
pp-mc-final.pngIT_CHP_GARNET.pngplccPrimeStoreCard_243x154._TTD_.png20151006_sc_header_cards.pngPayPal_Credit_Logo_v2.jpg
Message 6 of 8
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex card offers when logged in to amex account

Yes, the 50k for 2k spend is currently working when you open Amex offers in incognito mode. You may also see 75k points for 5k spend on Plat.


791 EX-FICO 8 (5 INQ) / 777 TU-FAKO (1 INQ) / 773 EQ-FAKO (3 INQ) | AAoA: 2 yr, 3 mo (TU), 2 yr, 3 mo (EQ, EX)
Message 7 of 8
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Amex card offers when logged in to amex account

SPG card also has 30k point offer if you use incognito or "guest" most in chrome. Guest mode is available by clicking your name in the upper right hand corner of your Google Chrome window. 

 

Don't app for anything unless you are seeing "Special offer for you" above each card on amex's page. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.