Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex card product change

tag
Cstl05
Contributor

Re: Amex card product change

Thanks for the reply, fretless mind if i ask which card you swtiched to from what one?
Chase Sapphire Reserve/Chase Sapphire Preferred/Ritz Carlton/Chase Freedom/Amex Blue Cash/Discover IT/Capital One Quicksilver/Bank of America Cash Rewards/Citi Costco/Citi Double Cash/Barclay Apple Rewards
Message 11 of 30
DI
Super Contributor

@gl4662 wrote:
how so?  From what I understand the Blue Cash is an excellent cashback card yes?  The Delta Gold skymiles isnt bad I suppose, but cash does appeal more to me.  Please let me know if I am missing something.

I maybe missing something.  I dunno.

Message 12 of 30
Cstl05
Contributor

Sorry for my ignorance still learning as much as i can!  I have to say the delta isnt bad as I've already accumulated 75,000 ff miles in the 3 months of having the act.
Chase Sapphire Reserve/Chase Sapphire Preferred/Ritz Carlton/Chase Freedom/Amex Blue Cash/Discover IT/Capital One Quicksilver/Bank of America Cash Rewards/Citi Costco/Citi Double Cash/Barclay Apple Rewards
Message 13 of 30
DI
Super Contributor

@gl4662 wrote:
Sorry for my ignorance still learning as much as i can!  I have to say the delta isnt bad as I've already accumulated 75,000 ff miles in the 3 months of having the act.

We are all still learning.  If you fly alot, you may want to keep that card. 

Message 14 of 30
Cstl05
Contributor

True.  I will have to find out what the whole process is when I call them, I will keep you all updated.
Message 15 of 30
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@gl4662 wrote:
Thanks for the reply, fretless mind if i ask which card you swtiched to from what one?

I switched from Gold Skymiles to Blue, from Green to Gold, to Platinum, to Gold, to Premier Rewards Gold, and most recently, to Zync.

Here we go again...
Message 16 of 30
Cstl05
Contributor

great, thanks for the response.  Did they change your limit or do anything with your rewards when you changed from the delta gold to blue cash?
Message Edited by gl4662 on 01-31-2010 07:09 PM
Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

So one can get an annual fee card like Amex Gold which is generally easier to get and then do a PC to like Blue Cash before the annual fee is due?
Message 18 of 30
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@gl4662 wrote:
great, thanks for the response.  Did they change your limit or do anything with your rewards when you changed from the delta gold to blue cash?

None of my limits ever changed, and my MR points carried over with each switch. 

Here we go again...
Message 19 of 30
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So one can get an annual fee card like Amex Gold which is generally easier to get and then do a PC to like Blue Cash before the annual fee is due?

A lot of forum members have done this, and it's probably still possible. However, during the credit crunch, there was always speculation if this would somehow red flag an account. 

Here we go again...
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.