Amex charge cards as viewed by other CC companies

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Amex charge cards as viewed by other CC companies

@b_seeker wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@enharu wrote:

Your average balances and amount paid is shown in your CR.

While charge cards do not affect utilization, anyone who looks at your CR will be able to tell how much you're using and paying each individual card, including your charge cards, each month.

There's no need to go out of your way and rack up a high balance. Having a constant "not-as-high" balance is good enough as well.

Where is this info in the CR?  Pulling my EQ from here and my three-agency from Amex, I don't see that.

Pull them from the bureaus themselves. CreditSecure is pretty barebones. Can't comment on the one here.

Other than FAKO scores CreditSecure is everything you need. Unlimited 3 bureau reports daily.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 12 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@Anonymous

is CreditSecure still unlimited daily pulls?

Yes, it is, for ~ $24.95 a month.

But b_seeker and enharu are right about the extra detail.  I just pulled EQ from EQ, and it does give the amount of the payment.   Not necessarily needed for all purposes, but it is good to see what a lender sees, and Creditsecure certainly doesn't give that.

Edit: Assuming of course that that info IS available to the lender..

Message 13 of 16
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, I didn't mean to imply CreditSecure is bad. It's great for its purpose. Just if you were looking for more detail, it's not a good choice.

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 14 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I use Experian like enharu mentioned and EQ too. It's interesting to also see who's SP'ing me and how often n
Message 15 of 16
enharu
Super Contributor

@b_seeker wrote:

Yeah, I didn't mean to imply CreditSecure is bad. It's great for its purpose. Just if you were looking for more detail, it's not a good choice.

This is what I meant as well.

These data are readily available whenever a full credit report is purchased, regardless of whether it's from Creditsesame, Experian or some company. 

It's just that some companies chose not to include it in their report / interface. Maybe because they think it's not important because the user pretty much should already know how much he/she pays each month. The extra detail is nice, but you're not missing out either if it isnt there.

Chase, Barclays and American Express are able to see this info from my own experiences while talking to recon. You have to "guide" the analyst to look at this data though because they usually ignore this anyhow given the number of data they have to churn through. They were asking me about why my balances were so high, and I pretty much explained that I'm just paying in full and reusing the card for new charges, which they can see in my payments history.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.