cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex charge or revolver which to get first?

tag
scarrollprint
Frequent Contributor

Amex charge or revolver which to get first?

I'm in the garden - I plan to be in the garden but like most I try to plan my future goals now rather than just swing and hope to hit.

I know the difference between Amex's charge and revolvers however is one 'easier' to get than the other? I really like to investigate products long before choosing which is right and would like to get my foot in the door with AMEX by the end of the year if my scores jump up enough with my pending lowered Util.

Current: Eq- 624 Ex - 631 (lender pulled) TU - 661 (lender pulled)
Goal 700+ across all three
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
codimom
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex charge or revolver which to get first?

From what I understand from reading here, the acceptance criteria for the Amex charge cards is very similar.. so I would app for the one that best fits your needs. I would have suggested Zync, but we know that one went bye bye.  The revolvers are bit tougher to get.    so if it were me, I would probably target the green.

*standard disclaimer: I app'd for the BCE out of left field... after having a corp card for a while.  I feel lucky that i got approved.

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 2 of 6
scarrollprint
Frequent Contributor

Would a co-branded AMEX have a higher success rate?

I know some co-branded cards tend to have looser standards than the straight up cards.

There are some that I could definatly take advantage of the benefits of (trueblue's amex) but I don't want to waste a HP if these are even tighter.

Current: Eq- 624 Ex - 631 (lender pulled) TU - 661 (lender pulled)
Goal 700+ across all three
Message 3 of 6
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Delta and Hilton are easy to get compared to other AMEX credit card.

Message 4 of 6
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

Go for the PRG and/or Delta Gold.  Their Charge cards are easier to get than their Revolvers.  I got my Gold Charge with a low/mid 600s credit score.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 5 of 6
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

My dream AMEX is the JetBlue card...*ponders*

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.