Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex clear PC to BCE / BCP ?

tag
SnowBowl
Frequent Contributor

Amex clear PC to BCE / BCP ?

Okay this is not mine so I am posting this for someone. He has had this card since mid 90's it was originally Optima Card then it changed over to Clear.. He was wondering if amex will honor his request by doing PC to either BCE / BCP or possible SPG .. His apr terms will remain the same if amex honor his request , correct ? Thanks for any info / suggestions will pass it along to him.
on this date 1-22-24 all 3 bureaus are currently frozen until 1-22-26
VantageScore 3.0 EQ 753
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Amex clear PC to BCE / BCP ?

Message 2 of 6
SnowBowl
Frequent Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Bump

Thanks, if he could do PC to BCP / BCE from his Clear account , this would be a huge win for himself because his AAOA would remain the same without opening new accounts Smiley Happy

on this date 1-22-24 all 3 bureaus are currently frozen until 1-22-26
VantageScore 3.0 EQ 753
Message 3 of 6
Awesomely
Regular Contributor

Any luck with this? the Clear card is pretty useless.

Message 4 of 6
hrdsurfer
New Contributor

if he was to call and ask the worst they could say is no, right?

Bk7 2019 current: Interior FCU 25K SL, Venture x 15k SL, bread cb 9k, Amazon store card 7k mercury 4.5k, c1 plat. 4k
Message 5 of 6
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Just had an on line chat with AMEX CSR, was told that the Clear is not elligble for a PC to any of the Blues.  In fact, not elligble for PC to ANY other AMEX card. Only reward  benefit to the Clear is the $25 gift card with a 2500 pt accumulation. 

I tried to find out if the card was completely discontinued, or if some restructuring might be possible.  The CSR did state that there could be additional benefits in the future, which gives some hope that the Clear/Phantom card, like the Zync/Unicorn, may still have a future !  

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.