Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex cli success!

tag
jpnelly
Valued Member

Amex cli success!

Today I requested a cli from $4000 to $10000 and was instantly approved. I requested the cli over the phone through the automated system. I am pretty happy because this is my first cc with a 5 digit limit.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex cli success!

Congrats...was this your 1st increase? How long have you had the card?

Message 2 of 10
jpnelly
Valued Member

Yep, first increase and I activated the card 61 days ago.
Message 3 of 10
Iincognito
Regular Contributor

@jpnelly wrote:
Yep, first increase and I activated the card 61 days ago.

What was your spending pattern like? Did you PIF or carry a balance each month? I am coming up on 61 days soon with my Clear Card and was thinking about asking for a CLI... Thanks!
Message 4 of 10
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

I was carrying a balance on my SPG ($500) and was able to get an increase at 61 days. My 6 months is approaching and I am going to ask for another CLI ------- $15K. That's less than the 3x but I don't wanna push it. This time however, I am going to be at ZERO before requesting the $15K magic #. My discover is $14,500 so hopefully it will be a YES from Amex.

Message 5 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats on the CLI. Just be cautious with the payments on the account and inq's and new accounts. Amex can trigger FR and can cause you headaches. I would rather stay under the radar for some time and build relationship and grow slow and steady with Amex.

Message 6 of 10
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

Congrats on the CLI. Just be cautious with the payments on the account and inq's and new accounts. Amex can trigger FR and can cause you headaches. I would rather stay under the radar for some time and build relationship and grow slow and steady with Amex.

Your absolutely correct in this regard and YMMV imho. When I apped for the Amex card, I had only 1 hard iq on my EX and that was dropped off 2 months ago. I think it's important to note and you have mentioned to not go on a app itching spree. I have a total of 4 CCs in my wallet (Discover, 2 Chase, 1 Amex) and planning on gardening for a while. These 4 cards are more than sufficient for all my needs.

Message 7 of 10
jpnelly
Valued Member

I ran about $3000 through the card within the first 60 days. I made payments once a week and never carried a balance. Hope this helps.
Message 8 of 10
CS800
Super Contributor

What does your credit profile look like?

Message 9 of 10
jpnelly
Valued Member

I have 2 baddies from 5+ years ago. FICO scores are: EQ-766, TU-750 and EX-737. Total util is less than 8% on all cc.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.