Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex combine limits

tag
Jccflat
Established Contributor

Amex combine limits

Some other has a Amex delta gold almost a year old with 1k
And just got approved for the the Hilton will Amex allow combine the credit limit from the delta gold into the Hilton ?
If yes can he still get the the sp cli at the 60 day
Also can u convert the card to a diff product ?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex combine limits

@Jccflat wrote:
And just got approved for the the Hilton will Amex allow combine the credit limit from the delta gold into the Hilton ?   Your "other" family member would need to check online to see whether the account combination would allow it.  IIRC, the Delta might only allow $500 to be moved though, but YEMV if the entire CL can be reallocated.
If yes can he still get the the sp cli at the 60 day  The CLI is not guaranteed, your family member would need to try around that timeframe to see whether the account can qualify.
Also can u convert the card to a diff product ?   It depends, which card are you referring to?

Message 2 of 7
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Jccflat wrote:

Also can u convert the card to a diff product ?

The Delta Gold can be downgraded to the no-annual fee Delta Blue card. Delta Blue earns two Delta SkyMiles on dining and Delta tickets.  There is no free checked bag benefit with the Delta Blue, but it keeps the account active. 

I would not not try to transfer limit from a $1k AMEX card. 

Does this person fly Delta at least once per year? In the Delta Gold the free checked bag ( $25 or $30 each way ) can be a useful benefit if you fly regularly. 

The only other product change pathways are to the higher AF Delta family of cards. And Delta Blue.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 3 of 7
Jccflat
Established Contributor

Not really only with Jet blue he travels I guess will tell him to downgrade it
So far he tried cli at 60 day no luck
Does Amex like to see allot of use of the card ?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe all Lenders like to see use = swipe fees. A card with no use = no revenue for them besides the AF

So if one wants to see a CLI's they should probaly use said card. While it doesn't guantee you'll get one, it certainly can't hurt your chances.

If you have no use for Delta cards, then I suggest closing it 30 days after the AF posts. Then try to find a different card that does benefit you.

I would try to put some usage on the Hilton for a couple billing periods. Then since you didn't get the 60 day CLI on Delta, try it for the Hilton.

Message 5 of 7
Jccflat
Established Contributor

Amex Combining limits

Will Combining limits of 2 cards take away the chance of getting the 60 day cli on a new card the limit will be transfer to ?
Message 6 of 7
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Amex Combining limits

It has not been an issue for me in the past.  Whatever Amex is willing to give you, they'll give you.  Sometimes it's a good strategy for getting a higher CLI on a lower limit card, and then moving back 31 days later.  Keep in mind that CLIs after 61 days are not guaranteed and are very much YMMV.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.