Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex credit and financial review

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex credit and financial review

My Amex was put on a freeze. I’m guessing because I had set it up for autopaying the full balance every month but i forgot to update the bank and it bounced back to Amex 3 times because I changed banks.

Now I’m nervous Amex will close my account became since I’ve opened the account in 2013 my credit score went down to 500 due to a divorce and I have maxed out other cards and have been late on other cards. But Amex I’ve always paid on time and in full each month except this one time. I updated my bank account and paid the balance now but now they have his hold on my Amex.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
sdsoccerdad
Established Contributor

Re: Amex credit and financial review

Have you tried to call them and explain your situation? I think that's worth a shot if you haven't already.

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Started my journey in the high 500's 10/1/2016
Current Fico: EQ:740 | TU:757 | EX:775
Message 2 of 3
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex credit and financial review

Wow sorry to hear about your troubles. 3 bounced payment will be huge red flag and definitely get accounts closed . Definitely call Amex and explain. They seem to be good to work with if you are upfront. Best of luckSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.