Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex denied me!! UPDATE and TELETRACK?

tag
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex denied me!!

I applied a few weeks ago for the American Express Simply Cash card with nine new accounts in the past six months and about twelve or fourteen inquiries on Experian and I got approved instantly. I was at about 9% utilisation with two cards being maxed out. I think maybe you could try a reconsideration.

Message 11 of 20
android01
Valued Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

I applied a few weeks ago for the American Express Simply Cash card with nine new accounts in the past six months and about twelve or fourteen inquiries on Experian and I got approved instantly. I was at about 9% utilisation with two cards being maxed out. I think maybe you could try a reconsideration.

It's possible to be at 9% overall utilization with maxed out cards depending on the CL's on other cards, but how did you achieve this, and what are the limits on the maxed out cards?  Especially in comparison to other cards you have?  

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 12 of 20
skyisthelimit
New Contributor

garden for 12 months, get under 10% and your be a shoe-in for the card! Just stay app free!!!

Message 13 of 20
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@android01 wrote:

It's possible to be at 9% overall utilization with maxed out cards depending on the CL's on other cards, but how did you achieve this, and what are the limits on the maxed out cards?  Especially in comparison to other cards you have?  

The limits on the maxed out cards are 2500 and 1000 which is pretty low compared to other cards. All cards together are about 50000 of credit.

Message 14 of 20
calihlove75
Established Contributor

I finally received the notice and one of the reasons was chargeoff reported on teletrack. I never even heard of teletrack. Amex gave me their number and I ordered the copy of the report today. I just don't know what it could be. Now I wait.

" You have charged-off financial obligations reflected in a report obtained from teletrack"..so they are using plural so there is more than one? hmmm

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 15 of 20
Ron1
Super Contributor

@calihlove75 wrote:

I finally received the notice and one of the reasons was chargeoff reported on teletrack. I never even heard of teletrack. Amex gave me their number and I ordered the copy of the report today. I just don't know what it could be. Now I wait.

Sorry about your denial.

checked out this thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/AMEX-and-Teletrack/td-p/1289927

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/AMEX-amp-Teletrack/td-p/890712

Ron.

Message 16 of 20
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

im willing to bet your aaoa played a huge factor in their decision. what is your aaoa?

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 17 of 20
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex denied me!! UPDATE and TELETRACK?

@calihlove75 wrote:

So on 6/30/12 applied for the Amex Blue when I should not have, but the good news is that now I know what my Experian fico is ...trying to be posiive. My Fico scores are TU- 743, EX - 736, and EQ- 689 (Have an old 5 1/2 year old collection I heavily dispute but gave up on its removal). Kinda bummed but knew going in that I would be denied with inquiries and 2 new accounts within last 6 months. Knew I did not have a chance, but was hoping..lol.

Cap 1/HSBC opened Jan. 2012 $300, Chase Amazon Visa opened March 2012 $1300, and Chase Freedom opened June 2012 $3000

Lack of time with Major credit cards probably hurt as well, AMEX wants one year of credit experience, they may make exceptions for a Zync card but for a revolver, not likely. I have a collection that is 5 years old and got both  Blue and Zync in a 2 month period. With inquiries and multiple new accounts. Oldest card 3 years,  like 9 cards less than a year old. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

As the links that Ron shared with you said, poor fellow myFICO® member, Minimock, fought with TELETRACK for a long--long time.  He FINALLY was able to get an American Express card, but it took him forever. 

I hope you will have good luck in dealing with TELETRACK and not have to be burdened down by them as Minimock was.

Message 19 of 20
minimock
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

As the links that Ron shared with you said, poor fellow myFICO® member, Minimock, fought with TELETRACK for a long--long time.  He FINALLY was able to get an American Express card, but it took him forever. 

I hope you will have good luck in dealing with TELETRACK and not have to be burdened down by them as Minimock was.

Yea, you can beat them.......You got to really want to though......... Read through that thread, I wont bore everyone posting on the subject.

Suffice it to say, you can do it, if your willing to put in the time.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.