Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex denying SUBs

tag
redpat
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex denying SUBs

@Anonymous wrote:
Did they say why you are not "qualified"? Because of prg?

Because of PRG, same card not a new product, just a different name.  Once a life-time so no soup for you unless you get a SUB offer that excludes once in a life-time verbage.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 21 of 61
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Was throwing a data point out there about not receiving a pop up that told me I wasn’t eligible for SUB. I thought that is what Amex was doing with applications now , but apparently i was incorrect in that assumption. When i talked to CSR they told me it was because I had PRG a few years ago. Was just a side note that one CSR told me I would be getting it and even asked if i wanted to add AU to my account so i could reach the SUB earlier. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 22 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Was throwing a data point out there about not receiving a pop up that told me I wasn’t eligible for SUB. I thought that is what Amex was doing with applications now , but apparently i was incorrect in that assumption. When i talked to CSR they told me it was because I had PRG a few years ago. Was just a side note that one CSR told me I would be getting it and even asked if i wanted to add AU to my account so i could reach the SUB earlier. 

Will you be keeping the card despite being denied the SUB? Or do you plan to close it when the 2nd fee hits?

Message 23 of 61
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Will you be keeping the card despite being denied the SUB? Or do you plan to close it when the 2nd fee hits?

I will keep the card i got the card knowing I may not get the sub. When i did my initial math vs my EDP the gold always came up on top. the 4x at restaurants really is nice for my spending. I will miss 3x at gas stations but citi premeir will pick up the slack there , and i have ink and personal fu for the 1.5x that edp was getting. When i did my initial napkin math the gold card should get me around 45-50k MR alone. Not too bad. 

Message 24 of 61
vwgrrc
Regular Contributor

So has anyone became eligible again after increasing spending on other AMEX cards? I read this on Reddit and increased spending on all my AMEX cards. I'm still getting the pop-up on Platium application Smiley Mad

Message 25 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I will keep the card i got the card knowing I may not get the sub. When i did my initial math vs my EDP the gold always came up on top. the 4x at restaurants really is nice for my spending. I will miss 3x at gas stations but citi premeir will pick up the slack there , and i have ink and personal fu for the 1.5x that edp was getting. When i did my initial napkin math the gold card should get me around 45-50k MR alone. Not too bad. 

Gotcha. I’ll likely keep mine too since the credits essentially offset the fee. Seems like we having similar card combos. I too use the Premier for gas although I only use TY points for portal redemptions.

I use my Venture for non cat spending but will probably use the Gold when my af hits in June. I have the ED but the extra 20% isn’t worth it to carry another card.

Message 26 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope my sub will not be denied, I see no reason why they would.

And if they do, I will close it, and after paying off bt on my Ed, I will close that too.

Amex gold is really a good card. An extra 100 (for my spending) is nice, but let's be honest, I don't need that 100 to survive, and Id rather deal with a company I can trust.
Message 27 of 61
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Gotcha. I’ll likely keep mine too since the credits essentially offset the fee. Seems like we having similar card combos. I too use the Premier for gas although I only use TY points for portal redemptions.

I use my Venture for non cat spending but will probably use the Gold when my af hits in June. I have the ED but the extra 20% isn’t worth it to carry another card.

yeah with premeir i was about to cut it out of my rotation of cards but when i went to cancel it they offered my 95 statement credit for spending 95 dollars with it , so pretty much would waive the af 

Message 28 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

yeah with premeir i was about to cut it out of my rotation of cards but when i went to cancel it they offered my 95 statement credit for spending 95 dollars with it , so pretty much would waive the af 

Nice. I hope they do that for me to when my fee comes up in August. If not, I may just close it.

Message 29 of 61
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

It’s definitely not worth keeping for 95 AF for just Gas. I have a 2x ink cash i could use for gas if i have to. I have 3x travel on my CIP so it definitely can be replaced when the time comes up next year. 

Message 30 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.