Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex finally got my 4506!!!!!!

tag
smc733
Valued Contributor

Amex finally got my 4506!!!!!!

...please allow 7 more business days for the media department to process the document and give you a decision.

W/e, either way this goes is fine, just glad I'm finally going to get some closure after this long event.

Figured I'd update the MyFICO family which has been helping me every step of the way...

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
android01
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex finally got my 4506!!!!!!

@smc733 wrote:

...please allow 7 more business days for the media department to process the document and give you a decision.

W/e, either way this goes is fine, just glad I'm finally going to get some closure after this long event.

Figured I'd update the MyFICO family which has been helping me every step of the way...

They should just approve you by default just because it took so long! 

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 2 of 27
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

+1

They could add "persistence points" to their internal scoring formula!

Hope this does the trick.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 27
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Good luck! Keeping my fingers crossed for you! Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I apped for the AmEx Blue Cash 3/28/11, instant approval, my scores were TU 727, EQ 700 and EX???? I had a fraud CO on my reports at that time but was still instant approved.

Apped for the AmEx Clear on 5/2/11 (was pending) then decline, reasons

1. The CO that was on my report.

2. My EX score was too low.

In the decline letter I received it said if I felt any info they used from my EX report was not correct to send them a copy. One week after the Clear app, HSBC finally finished their 4th investigation of my disputes and had all 3 CRA's remove the CO, my scores sky rocketed....TU from 727 to 784 and EQ from 700 to 774 and EX I have no idea, but I know it went way up too. (Perfectly clean reports, 1% util on all 3 reports with over 30K total revolving credit)

So on the 12th of May I faxed copies of all 3 CRA's reports to AmEx's Media dept, and I'm still waiting on a decision....I checked the appstatus site and it now says "Processing" again as of yesterday.

I will be blown away if they come back with a decline, I also I should be approved by default for all this time I've had to wait for a review. 

I understand they are very busy, but over a month for a review?????

Best of Luck to the OP as well!!

Message 5 of 27
smc733
Valued Contributor

I spoke with someone from the F/R department that said at the latest I should have a decision Monday at noon!

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smc733 wrote:

I spoke with someone from the F/R department that said at the latest I should have a decision Monday at noon!

I was told the same exact thing when I called in Thursday last week.

Message 7 of 27
ontop
Regular Contributor

Good luck! They better give you that card. You deserve it, really.

Starting Score: 547
Current FICO Score: TU 747, EQ 732, EX 742 [10/2014]
Goal FICO Score: 777
Message 8 of 27
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

Good luck mate Smiley Happy

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 9 of 27
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

Good luck buddy, hope you get it.. With the list of cards you have, why do you want an amex anyways?  Amex is great, but you seem to have other excellent options, Just wondaring.  Also did you ever think about getting a psecu card, if your looking for a higher limit card..

Good luck again

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.