Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex finally got my 4506!!!!!!

tag
smc733
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex finally got my 4506!!!!!!

@Chaos122 wrote:

Good luck buddy, hope you get it.. With the list of cards you have, why do you want an amex anyways?  Amex is great, but you seem to have other excellent options, Just wondaring.  Also did you ever think about getting a psecu card, if your looking for a higher limit card..

Good luck again

Thanks everyone!  

@Chaos122, I guess it is for a couple of reasons.  Customer service seems big to me, they have great phone service, a great iPhone app, and they show pending charges, all three of which have a sizable impact on my daily life.

I also figure for the time being, my low interest, BofA (Also my bank), Visa rewards credit card is a great pair along with a charge card since I PIF anyway.  The extended warranties are big for me, as I buy electronics frequently, and finally, the prestige of using it to pay at restaurants (one of the 3 or 4 places I'll primarily use it (Charges 20-100)) is kind of nice, I guess.

I was thinking of a PSECU card, but I think my income will pretty much max out at where I am with Citi in regard to limits, and I've yet to put more than $5 there, haha.  Good thing is I don't have to worry about getting booted because of the parks, I joined because my Mom is a teacher in the state, which makes me eligible.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 11 of 27
Amnesia87
Contributor

Not sure what type of income you are on, but I just apped the PSECU 10/10 yesterday and was approved.

My Income is right around 30,000. (and I only made 10k last year which they knew because they requested proof of income, which I had already volunterily provided with my app to join so they had Paystubs and 2010 W-2)

Util 9%

I had 5 inquiries at the time 1 from joining psecu 2 weeks ago. 1 from apping amex about a month ago (got approved for Blue Cash Preferred at 2k and Gold Preferred, but neither are reporting yet) the other 3 inquiries are over 6 months old. (my first amex app, my citi app and an appartment application)

Cards on report:

Citi Forward: 3300

Discover More: 1000

USAA Platinum: 1000

I joined 2 weeks ago. Haven't made any deposits or anything.

They are a very kind lender ^_^. I'd say you have a very good shot.

Starting Score: EX FICO: Unknown EQ FICO: 717 TU (CreditKarma): 713
Current Score: EX FICO: 737 EQ FICO: 752 TU (CreditKarma): 717
Goal Score: EX FICO: 760 EQ FICO: 760 TU (CreditKarma): 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 27
smc733
Valued Contributor

Hmm,

Perhaps I could consider a PSECU card down the road... my income as a college student this coming year will be around $14-$16k (working 40 hr/week all year round).

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smc733 wrote:

I spoke with someone from the F/R department that said at the latest I should have a decision Monday at noon!

I'm hoping to hear some good news from you, I was told the same thing (today by noon)

I called at 4:30pm and was put on hold for at least 10 minutes for her to come back and tell me, shes very sorry, they are still working on it, and WILL have it decisioned within 24 to 48 hours.

I do want this Clear Card bad, but I'm getting a little tired of hearing, it will take 7-10 days and then almost 35 days later I'm still sitting here waiting for an answer.

I do hope you have good news tho!!!

Message 14 of 27
smc733
Valued Contributor

...nope.

"Cancelled" because they've "recently received more than one application"...  **bleep**!  I haven't submitted anything in the last 60 days!!!!  Going to call the exec office number again tomorrow.  BIG SIGH.

Message 15 of 27
mmduluth
Frequent Contributor

@smc733 wrote:

...nope.

"Cancelled" because they've "recently received more than one application"...  **bleep**!  I haven't submitted anything in the last 60 days!!!!  Going to call the exec office number again tomorrow.  BIG SIGH.

Wait. They cancelled the app for the Zync card that you applied for a while ago? And they cancelled it AFTER they had you send in all this paperwork? 

EQ FICO - 718 - 01/10/2012 EX FICO - 732 - 04/28/2012 (AMEX)

Cap1 Platinum (1000) Macy’s (2000) Chase Freedom (3000) Kohls (600) Best Buy (2700) Amex BCE (8200) Chase Sapphire (5000) CarCare1 (1600) Discover IT (4000)
Message 16 of 27
mew
Valued Member

Did you recon for anything (blue, clear, etc)?

Starting Score: 400's
Current Score: EQ 790 EX 782 TU 765 NOV 2013 (MYFICO SCORES)
Goal Score: All Above 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 27
smc733
Valued Contributor

@mmduluth wrote:

@smc733 wrote:

...nope.

Wait. They cancelled the app for the Zync card that you applied for a while ago? And they cancelled it AFTER they had you send in all this paperwork? 

Yep.  Cancelled because of "another request".  

And no, I haven't reconned for anything in the past 60 days, either.

Will be calling the exec number on my break at 11.

Message 18 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I called for my gold card app they said they changed it to 90 days.

Message 19 of 27
smc733
Valued Contributor

Ugh, I have a call into my contact at the exec office...  We'll see.  I would give up at this point, had I not spent the $57.  I will fight this as long as I can.

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.