Did you mean: 

Amex finally got my 4506!!!!!!

tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex finally got my 4506!!!!!!

@smc733 wrote:

...nope.

"Cancelled" because they've "recently received more than one application"...  **bleep**!  I haven't submitted anything in the last 60 days!!!!  Going to call the exec office number again tomorrow.  BIG SIGH.

Smiley Surprised Smiley Mad

I can't believe they did this to you, after all of the hoops that you've jumped through for them! I hope TPTB manage to get this straightened out for you -- SOON!!!!!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 21 of 27
smc733
Valued Contributor

I never get the same answer twice when I call.  I think the left hand doesn't know what the right's doing at that company.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 22 of 27
mmduluth
Frequent Contributor

@smc733 wrote:

@mmduluth wrote:

@smc733 wrote:

...nope.

"Cancelled" because they've "recently received more than one application"...  **bleep**!  I haven't submitted anything in the last 60 days!!!!  Going to call the exec office number again tomorrow.  BIG SIGH.

Wait. They cancelled the app for the Zync card that you applied for a while ago? And they cancelled it AFTER they had you send in all this paperwork? 

Yep.  Cancelled because of "another request".  

And no, I haven't reconned for anything in the past 60 days, either.

Will be calling the exec number on my break at 11.

wowwwwww! That's the most insane thing I've ever heard! By this point I wouldn't even want the card anymore but I would fight to the death just for the principal of the matter! If they were going to cancel the app because of "another request," then they should have never asked you for a 4506! 

EQ FICO - 718 - 01/10/2012 EX FICO - 732 - 04/28/2012 (AMEX)

Cap1 Platinum (1000) Macy’s (2000) Chase Freedom (3000) Kohls (600) Best Buy (2700) Amex BCE (8200) Chase Sapphire (5000) CarCare1 (1600) Discover IT (4000)
Message 23 of 27
smc733
Valued Contributor

@mmduluth wrote:
If they were going to cancel the app because of "another request," then they should have never asked you for a 4506! 

+1,000,000

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 24 of 27
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When I called for my gold card app they said they changed it to 90 days.

From reading this thread about a delay in canceling the app, and then this comment, makes me think Amex is cracking down on some of these multiple app situations. Thoughts?

Message 25 of 27
smc733
Valued Contributor

@UFGuy2006 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

From reading this thread about a delay in canceling the app, and then this comment, makes me think Amex is cracking down on some of these multiple app situations. Thoughts?

You may very well be right.  Some people have gotten 6+ cards in less than a year from Amex, only to be F/R'ed and have some or all cancelled.  I think Amex wants to change that so said situation never occurs from the get-go.

Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smc733 wrote:

@UFGuy2006 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You may very well be right.  Some people have gotten 6+ cards in less than a year from Amex, only to be F/R'ed and have some or all cancelled.  I think Amex wants to change that so said situation never occurs from the get-go.

Id really prefer if Amex did a FR once at the beginning and then left you alone. I must agree that what they did to you, smc733, was wrong. I can understand if a payment is missed or spending that is far from a persons routine but with this day and age, so many creditors have ways to guess income. Its just terrible to find out your going into a FR by your card being declined somewhere or other similar situations.

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.