Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex for Heavy grocery usage

tag
Jccflat
Established Contributor

Amex for Heavy grocery usage

Besides the gold Amex that gives only up to 25k on points for x4
what other other Amex Card in the next good that can someone apply witch will give good rewards since in grocery ?

That person Does over 100k In spend year
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex for Heavy grocery usage

BCP comin' in handy, my go to for groceries, easily makes up for the AF

Message 2 of 38
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Now assuming it can be believed there's someone with that kind of grocery spend because of the cap restrictions the other options have (ED, EDP, BCE, BCP and BBP) there's no way to cover the entire 100k with AMEX on one card but it should be close if combinded together. Add the mix earnings of the Everyday and Blue Cash cards ($24k) for cash and MR points, and Blue Business Plus ($50k) for more MR points that should get someone close to the max earning potential if speaking strictly AMEX cards only

If just one card then they should go Blue Business Plus for another 100k in points for $50k spend

Message 3 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Every card has grocery cap. BCE, BCP, ED, and EDP all capped at $6k each. That person must feed a whole village with that type of grocery spend. Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 38
JNA1
Valued Contributor

If $100K is not a typo, depending on where they are, the BBVA ClearPoints card would be great for groceries because it offers unlimited 3% on a category of your choice (and 2% on another category also). I'm currently cycling around $900 per month through mine on utilities.
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 5 of 38
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

The OP specifically mentioned AMEX

Message 6 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm coming to your house to eat lol.

With that much spend though, with one lender, will likely draw attention to your accounts. It might be better to do multiple issuers for all that grocery spend, which means you'll have to give up some rewards to do so. I wouldn't go all in with Amex. 

Message 7 of 38
Jccflat
Established Contributor

Is it a negative attention? To use one lander
He does have the nfcu Amex that gives 3 points on grocery but 4X on Amex gives more
Message 8 of 38
wasCB14
Super Contributor

To make a joke that may now be out of date...I suspect this person eats a lot of ice cream.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 9 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jccflat wrote:
Is it a negative attention? To use one lander
He does have the nfcu Amex that gives 3 points on grocery but 4X on Amex gives more

The NFCU AMEX has no cap though so use the Gold to $25K then BCP to $6K then NFCU AMEX for the rest. 

Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.