Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex from Green to Platinum.........

tag
Creditbuilder36
Frequent Contributor

Amex from Green to Platinum.........

So I logged on to pay my bill and recieved the upgrade for the Platinum from the Green. I already have to Gold which i love because the 4X points on groceries and Resturants is awesome . The Platinum annual fee is hefty but the perks are well worth it. Im hoping for the BCE card eventually as well. Its true what everyone says if your good to your Amex cards they definately take care of you Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex from Green to Platinum.........

I would not call offering "upgrade" to platinum an example of "taking care of you". lol

Message 2 of 15
Creditbuilder36
Frequent Contributor

i would have to agree as the annual fee is outrageous I should say if you take care of you cards they make sure you get what you needSmiley Happy

@Anonymous wrote:

I would not call offering "upgrade" to platinum an example of "taking care of you". lol

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not to single you out, but based on the Approval forum Amex hands out the Platinum like candy it seems.

Message 4 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Creditbuilder36 wrote:

So I logged on to pay my bill and recieved the upgrade for the Platinum from the Green. I already have to Gold which i love because the 4X points on groceries and Resturants is awesome . The Platinum annual fee is hefty but the perks are well worth it. Im hoping for the BCE card eventually as well. Its true what everyone says if your good to your Amex cards they definately take care of you Smiley Happy

What value is the BCE if you have the Gold?

Might be time to think outside the Amex box!

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they're offering to upgrade you without a big sign-up bonus, don't do it. 

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If they're offering to upgrade you without a big sign-up bonus, don't do it. 

yep, apply anew in a private browser mode.

Message 7 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Did you accept the upgrade offer? As stated, it ususlly best to get the best SUB you can as its once in a lifetime. Plus make sure the bennies are worth $550 to you.
Message 8 of 15
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Creditbuilder36 wrote:

i would have to agree as the annual fee is outrageous I should say if you take care of you cards they make sure you get what you needSmiley Happy

@Anonymous wrote:

The annual fee is only outrageous if one can not or will not take advantage of the perks.

I would only consider an upgrade from Green to Platinum if there were a suitable bonus.  Anyone with a green card should be able to successfully apply for a Platinum with its SUB and if patient can do so with at least a 75K UR offer.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 9 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

From Op's other post, it seems they may have took it just because it was offered? These aren't done because ones credit improved, its Amex looking for $550 of ones moneySmiley Wink
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.