Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex gold card approval question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex gold card approval question

I was wondering if I’d most liking get approved for the Amex gold charge card. My credit score is at 721 and I make about 60k a year.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex gold card approval

Well we really need more info than just income and score to make a good guess. However, assuming you have a clean history and not a ton of inqs in the last couple months, I bet you could get it. Check the prequals on the Amex site. That will give you a good idea. Good luck!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last hard inq was in like the middle of 2018. History is completely clean.
Message 3 of 9
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have no hard inqs at all. Last one was in like the middle of 2018. History is completely clean.

You do have other credit accounts I assume? If you have an extremely short history this may not be the best starting point. Again, though, the Amex prequals are pretty good!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a BOA credit card which was my first one. And I have the Amex cash magnet card. BOA card is a year plus old. AMex is about 3-4 months old
Message 5 of 9
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a BOA credit card which was my first one. And I have the Amex cash magnet card. BOA card is a year plus old. AMex is about 3-4 months old

Again, I’d check the prequal site, but I think you could do it. Plus, since you’re already an Amex customer, it probably won’t be a HP. You don’t have anything to lose. Good luck!!

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex gold card approval question

I got approved for Amex Platinum with EX 728 (Fico 8), and just a year of history. You should be good to go for gold, assuming your utility is low as well. 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I got approved for Amex Platinum with EX 728 (Fico 8), and just a year of history. You should be good to go for gold, assuming your utility is low as well. 

Ditto... Hell, I had high UTL and still got my Amex Plat (granted, biz, but still very much a personal HP).  EX FICO8 was 720ish at the time.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got approved with under a year history with your score less annual income with clean history.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.