Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex green to platinum question

tag
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex green to platinum question

@kchengg1 wrote:

You don't become disqualified from plat or prg sign up bonuses because you've had zync/green/gold

That's not my experience.  I have a Zync and when I applied for the PRG I was not eligible for the sign-up bonus.  I called and talked to several customer service agents about it, based on recommendations on this board, and all of them said because I had another charge product I was not eligible.  That was about a year ago, and I can confirm the sign-up bonus points were never awarded.

Message 11 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@texasman07 wrote:
Thanks everyone . What are my chances of getting a 3rd Amex? I was approved for delta gold and green charge. Wondering if I can apply for a third or just stop

if it's charge I think you have a great chance, if it's credit, no.

Message 12 of 16
Josh2942
Established Contributor

Not true. I product changed my green to a PRG in 4 months. I also had them waive the fee until the the day I upgraded
Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 13 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Josh2942 wrote:
Not true. I product changed my green to a PRG in 4 months. I also had them waive the fee until the the day I upgraded

You were lucky because you should have been Ineligible. 

Message 14 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@Josh2942 wrote:

You were lucky because you should have been Ineligible. 

wonder if because it's charge card it gets to avoid some of the rules because it seems like update is allowed a lot

Message 15 of 16
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Well, I thought per Amex’s policy, to be considered eligible for a sign-up bonus is if you haven’t had the product for 12 months, or *any* consumer charge card the past 90 days....meaning if OP was just approved for the Green, he/she can't get the signup bonus if OP apply for the Plat and get approved...?

::edited for typo::

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.