Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex here I come

tag
kclb
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex here I come

Hm. Only 2 days has passed. Still need to wait up to 8 more days. ahhhh. Gimme my AMEX!

-
EX - 677 | EQ - 714 | TU - 724 as of December 4, 2013.
-
CC - Bank Of Hawaii - Hawaiian Airlines - $1500 / AMEX - Costco - $1200 (Nov '13) / Discover IT - $1200 / Aloha Pacific Credit Union - $3000 / AMEX - Blue - $6500 (authorized user) / Chase - CSP - $5000 (Dec '13)
-
Closed Accounts - AMEX Platinum.
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kclb wrote:
Hm. Only 2 days has passed. Still need to wait up to 8 more days. ahhhh. Gimme my AMEX!

I am on day 2 also. Can't they ups overnight it?!?!?!?
Message 12 of 19
kclb
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kclb wrote:

I am on day 2 also. Can't they ups overnight it?!?!?!?

lol. I know, right? We should've said, "Send it overnight and charge it to our new AMEX card!" hahahah.

-
-
CC - Bank Of Hawaii - Hawaiian Airlines - $1500 / AMEX - Costco - $1200 (Nov '13) / Discover IT - $1200 / Aloha Pacific Credit Union - $3000 / AMEX - Blue - $6500 (authorized user) / Chase - CSP - $5000 (Dec '13)
-
Message 13 of 19
SanFranMatt
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Should I convert to blue at activation? How hard is it to do this? Also I am planning on doing a lot of traveling in the coming years so does the blue have the same airline rewards?

Do you generally travel on Delta? If so, you're probably better off keeping what you have.

I fly on Jetblue the most, so I use their Amex. But if you converted the Delta to Jetblue, you might not be eligible for the 50 Jetblue points at activation (you'd have to ask).
Message 14 of 19
kclb
Regular Contributor

@SanFranMatt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Should I convert to blue at activation? How hard is it to do this? Also I am planning on doing a lot of traveling in the coming years so does the blue have the same airline rewards?

Do you generally travel on Delta? If so, you're probably better off keeping what you have.

I fly on Jetblue the most, so I use their Amex. But if you converted the Delta to Jetblue, you might not be eligible for the 50 Jetblue points at activation (you'd have to ask).

I don't even travel much since I'm on this rock. hahhaha. I just wanted a Amex card and I heard that Delta Amex was the way to go. I joined the Miles program with Delta. Maybe I can make use of it someday...

-
-
-
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the delta just to switch to the blue card. I just wanted my foot in the door.... I dont think i have ever flown delta.
Message 16 of 19
kclb
Regular Contributor

How's the Hilton or Starwood AMEX?

-
-
-
Message 17 of 19
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
What is this "luv button"? Sorry if I seem ignorant. I have a number for capital 1 that I called to get a cli is this the same thing or something?

Amex changed their policy regarding CLI recently. You can't request a CLI until 60 days from activating your card, and then every 6 months.
Here we go again...
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

thenewguy23 wrote:
Got approved last night for the Amex Delta Skymiles card.  Was sort of surprised but then seeing that other people are being approved with lower scores, I guess I am not that shocked anymore.  My scores are Eq 656 TU 652  Ex 622...also what number am I calling to ask for a cli at activation? 

You might want to hold off on that CLI request - here is someone that did so right after activation and received a FR:

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.