Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex incognito SUB. ED card 25k MR'S

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex incognito SUB. ED card 25k MR'S

Since the end of June I have gotten 2 American Express business credit cards. so I would not be eligible for another (personal or Buisness) card until the end of September.
which is fine and I did plan on gardening for 6 to 9 months. But I am very interested in 25000 MR'S.
I'm interested if anybody else is seeing the same sub?
My goal is to wait three more months and most likely receive a higher credit limit, but I worry this sub will be gone.
It seems obvious that American Express will give you a sub depending on your profile with them. Since this isn't a public offer does anybody know if there is a good chance they will offer this three to six months down the line? I know it is always ymmv. But has anybody scene a sub last over 3 months? Or maybe even see a great sub get even better? I don't expect more than 25 k MR'S. I am obviously hopeful it will still be there. If you were me would you take the sub in the end of September just to make sure to get the 25k MR'S? or wait 6-9 months like I originally planned? I'm honestly not very worried about the hit of a new account.
I'm at least 3 years away from buying a home so I plan to try for best SUBS over the next year. Weather they are soon or I have to wait to get the best ones.
Everyone says wait and the subs will get better but I am concerned that this one may not stick around that long.
What would you do?
4 REPLIES 4
rgate88
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex incognito SUB. ED card 25k MR'S

I got the ED back in May and was offered the 25K MR SUB. I haven't seen much for a higher one. I'm hoping to get an upgrade offer come next year which will have an additional bonus. 

CO Platinum - $500; CO Quicksilver - $2,000; Marcus GM BuyPower - $700; Target MC - $9,000; Chase Amazon Prime - $17,300; PNC Core - $27,000; Citi DoubleCash - $8,300 - AmEx Everyday - $2,500 (was $20,000); Citi Simplicity - $29,500; Chase World of Hyatt - $17,300; PayPal LOC - $10,000; PNC Cash Rewards - $36,000; U.S. Bank Altitude Go - $15,000; AmEx Platinum - NPSL ($7,800 POT); Elan Max Cash (Alliance CU) - $25,000; Alliance CU LOC - $2,000; BMO Harris Cash Back (Was Bank of the West Cash Back) - $3,000; (Closed Block-Fi - $15,000 RIP); Wells Fargo Autograph Visa - $10,000; Chase Freedom Flex - $20,300; Venmo - $15,000; AllTru LOC - $10,000

Business Trade Lines - Chase Ink Cash - $4,000 (original limit $19,600); Chase Ink Preferred - $10,000; AmEx BBP - $5,500; Hilton Honors Business - $5,000; FNBO Evergreen Business - $15,000; Elan Business Visa (Alliance CU) - $20,000; Citi Business AAdvantage Platinum Select - $16,000; Marcus GM Business - $2,500; Kabbage LOC - $9,500; Marriott Bonvoy Business - $14,600; Barclays AAdvantage Aviator WE Business - $7,000; IHG Rewards Premier Business - $5,000; Delta Platinum Business - $16,400; Edward Jones Business (Elan) - $2,000; Barclays Wyndham Earner Business - $7,000

Total CLI - $399,900
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Back in May before I was approved for my first card the gold charge card I was pre-approved with the same three cards and the same exact subs. Except the everyday card was only fifteen not 25,000.
I will most likely wait a few months and if the offer is still there I will apply then hoping for a higher starting limit. Also will not be requesting a credit limit increase on my business cards I do not want that to affect my personal credit limit if I do apply. Congrats on your approval and sub
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got this offer last year. I'd say it will most likely still be available after a few months from now. This offer has been consistently available but you may need to visit from some other IP address if you don't see it from the current one.
Message 4 of 5
MyFault
Valued Contributor

I was offered the 25k MR points with my ED, and accepted. I've since hit minimum spend and have my points posted to my account. I'd say it's available off and on, depending upon your luck and pre-qualifications.

|  
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.