tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex is Promoting Credit One...

@BijouMan wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@BijouMan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Having some cognitive dissonance here, but looks like Amex is officially in some sort of relationship with Credit One. Throwing out offers for them! I was pre-qualed for the Plat card and didn't want to give up my Tax info. Checked again today and saw this...

amex_credit_one.jpg

Why on earth would a company try to promote a competitor's product?!

Why not @BijouMan? They (Credit One and American Express National Bank) have a cooperation agreement. It's business, provides a shared revenue stream for both and it works. Also, Credit One is a member bank, meaning, they can issue any cards on any network if they choose to (V/MC/D/AX).  So, I wouldn't be suprised if a Credit One Discover may be launched in the future depending on how their contract with AENB pans out.

But it's like Amex saying "How about you go with this other company's product instead of our own?"

The rationale was mentioned on post/message #3 (based on members/applicants who posted their experiences).

Message 31 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.