Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex is asking for additional information for a CLI

tag
toppers555
Established Contributor

Re: Amex is asking for additional information for a CLI

Sounds like you would be asking for a fr.

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 11 of 24
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Yup its a FR. If you want to keep your card send in the docs they are requesting.

Did you request online, on the phone or csr?

I just was approved for a CLI at 6 months because I wasnt lucky at 61 day mark.

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 12 of 24
swpopham
Established Contributor

Have you tried to use your card again. ? Is it froze
"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 13 of 24
distantarray
Established Contributor

if you refuse to send financial records obviously they won't give you a CLI but do they close your accounts or just refuse the CLI?

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did it over the phone with the automated system an it told me additional information will be needed I will get a letter in the mail. Then i called an talked to a live person an he told me that I would have to wait 7 to 10 days for a letter an that it will state I need to send my income tax papers back for them to finish processing my request for a CLI.

My card is still active just used it twice

Message 15 of 24
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I did it over the phone with the automated system an it told me additional information will be needed I will get a letter in the mail. Then i called an talked to a live person an he told me that I would have to wait 7 to 10 days for a letter an that it will state I need to send my income tax papers back for them to finish processing my request for a CLI.

My card is still active just used it twice

Thats good that it was not an FR!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 24
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

i mean besides being a hassle. 

whats the problem with sending in tax returns? 

not like their asking for bank statements. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 17 of 24
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@creditnocash wrote:

i mean besides being a hassle. 

whats the problem with sending in tax returns? 

not like their asking for bank statements. 

+1

Last two years tax returns are commonly used for income verification at least for the self-employed; while generally two paystubs suffices for most W2 workers, Amex may have a blanket policy to simply ask for the tax return to prove income.  While I'd rather provide bank statements if required, there's not any information on my tax return that Amex doesn't have already really so like you I'd simply submit it if I wanted the CLI.  

It's not an unreasonable thing to ask, though if it were to happen to me before I file 2012 and possibly 2013 (if they need two years) I'd have some 'splaining to do on my employment stability no matter that my current employer has been in business for nearly a century and likely will be around in pretty much the same form for the next century too.

        
Message 18 of 24
Smug
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The thing is I wonder if i don't return the paper work will they shut down my card cause this sounds like an FR

Yep, sounds like its going that way.
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 19 of 24
tray
Valued Contributor

@Smug wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The thing is I wonder if i don't return the paper work will they shut down my card cause this sounds like an FR

Yep, sounds like its going that way.

I feel the op just will not get the cl increase since the card is still active for usage so in my opinion do not worry mjbfan 79, there is also another thread on this forum concerning the same topic with amex refusing to give a cli without the paperwork to someone else as well, maybe amex is starting more strict policies with handing out cli's now.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.