Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex is full of surprises!!!

tag
linux007969
Established Contributor

Amex is full of surprises!!!

So i log in tonight to download my bill for my Everyday Card, when I log in my Green Charge card is the default that shows up first and I notice a negetive balance of $96.62 and below it says its a credit for a balance inquary....... Smiley Surprised

I call up and get an american rep and i ask, "ya what's this credit on my account for?"

rep asks for my name and then he looks at my account and says " yes i see this and looks like there are notes about it,may i place you on hold while i check this?"

i say " yes go ahead"

i'm on hold for maybe a full minute....

rep comes back and says " i checked with my manager and she said the credit was system generated to credit your account for back when you downgraded to the Sr Green card a few years ago"

I was like " realy? I already had it corrected way back, so your system now swooped in and credited my account for something that happened years ago?"

rep said " yes and you get to keep it"

I was like " thank you, you guys are full of surprises lately"

we then nicely ended the call.

I forgot to ask if their system gave me interest on the credit too as the annual fee for the regular charge card is $95 where as their credit they gave me was $96.62 so interest accrued of $1.62?

Either way it was a nice surprise! Just thought I would share this with you guys! Smiley Very Happy

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Amex is full of surprises!!!

@linux007969 wrote:

So i log in tonight to download my bill for my Everyday Card, when I log in my Green Charge card is the default that shows up first and I notice a negetive balance of $96.62 and below it says its a credit for a balance inquary....... Smiley Surprised

I call up and get an american rep and i ask, "ya what's this credit on my account for?"

rep asks for my name and then he looks at my account and says " yes i see this and looks like there are notes about it,may i place you on hold while i check this?"

i say " yes go ahead"

i'm on hold for maybe a full minute....

rep comes back and says " i checked with my manager and she said the credit was system generated to credit your account for back when you downgraded to the Sr Green card a few years ago"

I was like " realy? I already had it corrected way back, so your system now swooped in and credited my account for something that happened years ago?"

rep said " yes and you get to keep it"

I was like " thank you, you guys are full of surprises lately"

we then nicely ended the call.

I forgot to ask if their system gave me interest on the credit too as the annual fee for the regular charge card is $95 where as their credit they gave me was $96.62 so interest accrued of $1.62?

Either way it was a nice surprise! Just thought I would share this with you guys! Smiley Very Happy

That's very cool!

It's also nice to see that the 'Senior Green' is alive and well.  I read on here a few months back where somebody mentioned they were told it was no longer available, and I was hoping they were mistaken. 

Message 2 of 3
noobody
Established Contributor

Re: Amex is full of surprises!!!

Can someone confirm I can stil PC to senior green, this will be one of the factor I apply PRG and ED together or PRG only next month.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.