Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex is giving out FICO scores now in CLI denials

tag
Guava
Established Contributor

Re: Amex is giving out FICO scores now in CLI denials

@CreditusMaximus wrote:

I believe a new law that goes into effect on 7/31 requires all lenders to provide FICO scores to consumers when they deny them credit.

Could you give me more info on this? So it'll apply to all CCC whenever they denied CLI?

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jthedges wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

hard or soft on EX?

It had to the be the last time they softed me because the letter was dated June 25th, 2011, but it says the score was from May 25, 2011.  There are no hards from them on my report.

They made decision on a current report with an outdated score... interesting.

Message 12 of 33
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

Wait a tic... I thought Amex didn't use FICO scores. They've always claimed they use their own scoring system.

Message 13 of 33
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

@KingAdrock wrote:

Wait a tic... I thought Amex didn't use FICO scores. They've always claimed they use their own scoring system.

They do. I don't get why they pull reports either. When I apped for ZYNC last December, they pulled EX. I had three baddies on my report and they approved me anyway. Go figure. Their approval/denial process doesn't seem to make any sense.

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 14 of 33
mauve
Valued Contributor

But it could be a TU04 while here you can only get the TU98.   I need to check my files - my CU sent me a score along with a note about FICOs when I applied for their Platinum Visa, which they actually approved.  It was kind of exciting to get a score with an approval.  I had stopped subscribing to scores here, though, so I'm not sure if it matched, but it was a reasonably close one to my last known score at least.

@smc733 wrote:

Just a note, I applied with PNC for a student loan and they quoted my TU at 734, in a range of 309 to 839...  The score doesn't say FICO, it just explains what a FICO is.  When my quarterly monitoring came in (literally one day later), it was TU 744...

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I called and did the automated approval and requested a $6,000 increase and it was approved automatically. I remembered that another poster stated if they transfer you hang up since that will result in a hard pull.  Amex has been EXCELLENT to me, I had AMEX in college and unfortunately was not reliable and as a result my account was charged off.  I applied for AMEX in 2008 and was approved for their Delta Skymiles and they back dated it  for me. Then I applied for the Blue card and was approved again.

Message 16 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex's scoring system doesn't make sense because we don't know what it is and because we accept almost everything reported on the forums as fact, when in fact posters often "think" their score is higher than it might actually be and not everyone distinguishes between FICO and FAKO.

Like the last poster, Amex has been great with me--so far.

Message 17 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe per the Credit Card Act lenders must provide you with the FICO they based their decision on. I havent had any denials, but on 3 approvals this year I was sent a notice of my FICO's that were pulled, including from Amex.

Message 18 of 33
kjm79
Valued Contributor

I'm itching to apply just to find out what my EX FICO score is!  Hmmmmm. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 19 of 33
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

@kjm79 wrote:

I'm itching to apply just to find out what my EX FICO score is!  Hmmmmm. 

Which is funny, because I am in PSECU, and the FICO they are giving me is NOT the same as what Amex said in my letter.

Weird.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.