Amex link to move credit limits

tag
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex link to move credit limits

@Anonymous wrote:

@eddie84 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It works for the cobranded ones as well.  My SPG cards are available.  Maybe it's the age of your cards.

Irish, thanks for that and all my cards are from 2013.  Hmm... I wonder how old they have to be before become eligible.

It's not the age then because my SPG cards are 'younger' than yours.  Puzzling.

You know what, I think I know the answer.  It's my own fault but I just remembered that I PC from Delta SkyMiles to SPG not too long ago (may have been less than 13 months as Credit_Cash pointed out).   HHonors is definitely from 2013 but I guess the other card hasn't "matured" enough to move the CL to.  Oh well, guess now I'll just have to wait. Smiley Tongue

Message 21 of 25
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

Does this work like Cappy where I can transfer everything and close that card? 

TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 22 of 25
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@DoroLucky wrote:

Does this work like Cappy where I can transfer everything and close that card? 

If you haven't used the donor card in a while, it's full amount. Recent, you leave $500. Don't know the time specifics of what determines recently used vs unused.

Message 23 of 25
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

I believe the donor card has to be at least 13 months old. A month or two ago I moved some credit from my ED which was at 13 or 14 months to my BCE which was only at 6 months.

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 24 of 25
RonM21
Valued Contributor

OP thanks for sharing. I didn't know they provided this option. That would seem very convenient.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.