Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex logo glows in blacklight!!?

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Amex logo glows in blacklight!!?

So I was out this past weekend at an undisclosed location 😜, and I noticed that on my BCE, there was a glowing "AM" in big letter on the far left of the card and an " EX" logo on the far right... It was from a blacklight!
It was super awesome! I took a picture, but alas I have no way of posting that here!
Just thought it was an interesting feature Ive never seen in a CC before...
Anyone else notice?
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
maninder89
Established Member

Re: Amex logo glows in blacklight!!?

Like this ?

http://brokensecrets.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/black-light-amex1.jpg?w=455

EX FICO - 770 (Lender pull - AMEX) Feb '13
 photo Wells-Fargo-Cash-Back-Credi_zpsb9d8097b.jpg
Message 2 of 20
CS800
Super Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
So I was out this past weekend at an undisclosed location 😜, and I noticed that on my BCE, there was a glowing "AM" in big letter on the far left of the card and an " EX" logo on the far right... It was from a blacklight!
It was super awesome! I took a picture, but alas I have no way of posting that here!
Anyone else notice?

Undisclosed location that has blacklight huh..i wonder where that could be lol

I have to check my BCE when i also go to an undisclosed location that has blacklight

Message 3 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Thats awesome!!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 20
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yeah! But more near the top of my card and on a BCE not a DG...
Lol
It's so cooooooolllll!!!!!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 20
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

LOL @CS800! It was realllllly cool looking, I had to do a double take!
Message 6 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Young thought he had a prize card and called AMEX kmao

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 20
jpparker07
New Contributor

The Discover It card does as well. It spells discover across the front side.

Cards: AMEX BCE (2k), Barclay Arrival Mastercard (4.3K), Chase Freedom (1K), Discover It (1.3k), SECU (2K), CapOne Quicksilver (750)

Current Scores- Experian- 695, Equifax- 689, Transunion-680

Goal- 720 Across the Board
Message 8 of 20
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

No way!!!!! I will have to bring my IT next time I go out!!! I wish there was a card that did 5% on bars/clubs haha!
Message 9 of 20
NonSufficientFunds
Frequent Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Anyone else notice?

This security feature has been used for at least 35 years. 

I first noticed the glowing AMEX while I was tending bar in a large nightclub, where black lights were hung over the cash register. 

I also observed that gin & tonic drinks have a glow, when under the black lights, though I have no idea why.

Many drivers licenses and state IDs also have this feature.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.