cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex makes you wait and wait and wait for the rewards.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex makes you wait and wait and wait for the rewards.

...and congrats on the Microwave Smiley Very Happy Hopefully it was one of those high-tech ones Smiley Wink

Message 31 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Spend bonuses post almost immediately with Amex. Like 2-3 days at max. MR Points and Cash Back USUALLY post the next statement, but they can be slow. Both these facts are pretty well known for Amex.

Sorry they don't live up to the expectationsof NFCU Smiley Tongue that's what happens when you get spoiled Smiley Very Happy

That hasn't been my experience and a lot of other people have posted long delays for bonuses as well. 

Message 32 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Spend bonuses post almost immediately with Amex. Like 2-3 days at max. MR Points and Cash Back USUALLY post the next statement, but they can be slow. Both these facts are pretty well known for Amex.

Sorry they don't live up to the expectationsof NFCU Smiley Tongue that's what happens when you get spoiled Smiley Very Happy

That hasn't been my experience and a lot of other people have posted long delays for bonuses as well. 

For the signup bonuses? There may be a few rare cases, but I'm pretty sure the complaint has always been about receiving the cash back and MR points for normal spend with the card after a statement or two. Signup bonuses (and Amex Offers) usually post really fast. 

Message 33 of 34
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

I upgraded to Surpass a couple monhs ago, within 2 days of my meeting the spend I got my 75k points.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.