Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex new card arrival

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex new card arrival

I was approved for the Green card Friday March 20th. I sent Amex a message inquiring when I should receive my new card and was informed “by March 31st”. 

Is is there a way to track the card ( ie see when is was shipped?) 

thanks! 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Amex new card arrival

If you contact them, they can track it for you, or give you the tracking, if there's one attached to it. 

Message 2 of 10
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Seeing as you were approved on the 20th and it hasn't come by now, I doubt it has any special tracking features enabled. But a rep may be able to give you the date it was mailed.

Have you moved, by chance? Between SPG, contactless SPG, SPG Luxury, Bonvoy Brilliant, and now regular Bonvoy I've had several physical cards for one account. Something weird in their records about that card (I applied mid-travel) has occasionally gotten a card sent to one of two old addresses.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did move back in September but my prequalified offer and mailer were both for my new address. 

If I don’t get it in today’s mail I’ll contact them again 

Message 4 of 10
wasCB14
Super Contributor

They may have reduced staffing for card printing and shipping. When I downgraded my Bonvoy Brilliant a month ago, the new card took about 3 weeks to arrive. Coronavirus has spread a lot more since then.

Not that I had minimum spend to meet, or didn't have the old card, or anything like that. A new account would be a higher priority.

IIRC, in 2016 I got Schwab Platinum one morning and the card came around noon the next day.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 5 of 10
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Amex is weird with their cards sometimes. Back when I first the gold, long ago, the card was always overnighted. When I got it again recently, it took 10 days to get. The Delta Platinum, which I apped for back to back with it, came in like 3 days. 

Message 6 of 10
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

I got an email with tracking info when mine shipped this morning. I upgraded from BCE to BCP on Saturday.20200330_053609.jpg

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 7 of 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was approved for the Green card Friday March 20th. I sent Amex a message inquiring when I should receive my new card and was informed “by March 31st”. 

Is is there a way to track the card ( ie see when is was shipped?) 

thanks! 

You may want to call them.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It just arrived! Already confirmed it. 

* side note - they still never asked me to unlock Experian. Showed me my TU 8 which I already knew. 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

77170A03-AAF0-4F14-AC9C-C9E098DEFEE7.jpeg

C797F211-355F-4313-8730-197F3F11D56B.jpeg

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.