Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex offer? After being denied?

tag
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Amex offer? After being denied?

I would give this offer consideration if my other cards were fee harvesters, or they had predatory lending terms.
While you'll end up starting with low limit, at least you wont be paying for the priviledge of using it.
Also, if there is any negative info present on your CR, I'd expect it to grow very very slow.

If you're happy with your other cards, take a hard pass and wait till your situation improves.
Message 11 of 13
Jen-Jen
Established Member

In 2003 I had a charge card account end badly. They did get paid after sicking their "law firm" on me. I then let all my credit go til I got a secured card in Dec 2016. I kept doing the amex preapproval page and one day it miraculously said I was prequalified for the green charge card, Blue cash or everyday. I was so darn excited to get an Amex that I applied, it told me I was approved but without a bonus or intro apr; I could have cared less. I got a 1k credit line to start, more than anyone else had given me at the time. It did come with a credit steps kind of program like cap 1 that u get an increase after 6 months. After reading on all the posts about the 3x cli, I tried on my 91st day and 3x approved! From getting the bce in Nov 2017 at 1k I was able to bring it to 18k in maybe year and half; I did also get a cash magnet 11 months ago and now have 30k between the 2. I think I could have a few thousand more if I moved some more credit from 1 to the other, my last request from 5k to 15k was quickly approved but going from 1k to 30k in under 2yrs aint too shabby!
Message 12 of 13
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Jen-Jen wrote:
In 2003 I had a charge card account end badly. They did get paid after sicking their "law firm" on me. I then let all my credit go til I got a secured card in Dec 2016. I kept doing the amex preapproval page and one day it miraculously said I was prequalified for the green charge card, Blue cash or everyday. I was so darn excited to get an Amex that I applied, it told me I was approved but without a bonus or intro apr; I could have cared less. I got a 1k credit line to start, more than anyone else had given me at the time. It did come with a credit steps kind of program like cap 1 that u get an increase after 6 months. After reading on all the posts about the 3x cli, I tried on my 91st day and 3x approved! From getting the bce in Nov 2017 at 1k I was able to bring it to 18k in maybe year and half; I did also get a cash magnet 11 months ago and now have 30k between the 2. I think I could have a few thousand more if I moved some more credit from 1 to the other, my last request from 5k to 15k was quickly approved but going from 1k to 30k in under 2yrs aint too shabby!

Aint to shabby at all!

A huge congratulations on a miraculos comeback. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.