Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex offer to pick up PRG

tag
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex offer to pick up PRG

Where are you seeing card offers? At the bottom after you log in with all the other offers of discounts and such?

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 11 of 15
red259
Super Contributor

@MyLoFICO wrote:

Where are you seeing card offers? At the bottom after you log in with all the other offers of discounts and such?

Yep. Its the first one in the list and has the american express icon next to it.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 12 of 15
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

Yep. Its the first one in the list and has the american express icon next to it.

Ah, I see them now. They are the "featured" offers. No cards here but I have 4 AMEX icons with discounts. Thanks for the quick response. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 13 of 15
NRB525
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

On one of my cards I have an amex offer to apply for the prg and get 25k points for 1k spend. I asked this question in the past when it popped up before and was told that I can not get the bonus points if I already had the PRG and got the bonus in the past. Again I want to be clear. This is showing up once I sign into my account under amex offers and nowhere in the terms does it say I can not get the signup bonus if I had the product before. When I asked on FT I was told that with targetted offers like the ones on your account when you sign in that do not contain the exclusionary language you can in fact get the bonus again. Has anyone had any luck with this? 

1) Do you have a PRG right now?

2) Did you apply for a PRG with a cold app at some point in the past, and if so what bonus did you get? Did you close that PRG?

3) Is this offer an upgrade offer to PC from a specific AMEX card? Or a new application?

If it is a completely different application pathway, such as an upgrade PC from one card to the PRG, it is possible you will get the bonus. If the first year AF is waived anyway, seems like a decent risk to move on the PRG offer, particularly if you already had a bonus in the past and there is not likely many other ways to get a PRG bonus. Worst case you don't get the bonus.

1. No

2. I did apply for the PRG in the past like 3 years ago and was approved and got the signup offer. I forget what the offer was. It was a cold app.

3. This appears to be a new app. It shows up in my Amex offers under my everyday card, but I don't think its an upgrade. Just a new app. 

Well, I have an amateur theory that if one got an AMEX before they closed the door when they started the "once in a lifetime" rule, that may have just started the clock for card apps from that point forward. I have nothing to base that on, but if your earlier app was 3 years ago, it might be outside my theoretical window.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 14 of 15
red259
Super Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@red259 wrote:

On one of my cards I have an amex offer to apply for the prg and get 25k points for 1k spend. I asked this question in the past when it popped up before and was told that I can not get the bonus points if I already had the PRG and got the bonus in the past. Again I want to be clear. This is showing up once I sign into my account under amex offers and nowhere in the terms does it say I can not get the signup bonus if I had the product before. When I asked on FT I was told that with targetted offers like the ones on your account when you sign in that do not contain the exclusionary language you can in fact get the bonus again. Has anyone had any luck with this? 

1) Do you have a PRG right now?

2) Did you apply for a PRG with a cold app at some point in the past, and if so what bonus did you get? Did you close that PRG?

3) Is this offer an upgrade offer to PC from a specific AMEX card? Or a new application?

If it is a completely different application pathway, such as an upgrade PC from one card to the PRG, it is possible you will get the bonus. If the first year AF is waived anyway, seems like a decent risk to move on the PRG offer, particularly if you already had a bonus in the past and there is not likely many other ways to get a PRG bonus. Worst case you don't get the bonus.

1. No

2. I did apply for the PRG in the past like 3 years ago and was approved and got the signup offer. I forget what the offer was. It was a cold app.

3. This appears to be a new app. It shows up in my Amex offers under my everyday card, but I don't think its an upgrade. Just a new app. 

Well, I have an amateur theory that if one got an AMEX before they closed the door when they started the "once in a lifetime" rule, that may have just started the clock for card apps from that point forward. I have nothing to base that on, but if your earlier app was 3 years ago, it might be outside my theoretical window.

Quite possible. My initial approval on the card was Jan 2014 and I closed it out in Dec 2014 or Jan 2015. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.