Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex platinum Bonus offer disappointed

tag
Jccflat
Established Contributor

Amex platinum Bonus offer disappointed

I just applied last week for the AMEX platinum and I got the offer one 125,000 bonus points

Now I see they have a welcome offer of Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® Points + 10x Points at U.S. Gas Stations & U.S. Supermarkets

And I am a heavy buyer on  groceries for my business

Is there anyway to get this welcome offer instead?

Do you guys think that AMEX platinum will add to platinum A grocery category soon? After the streaming credit Expires in dec 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Amex platinum Bonus offer disappointed

Unfortunately, AMEX does not match or change their sign up bonus offers so what you applied for is what you are getting. As for a possible grocery category I don't see that happening since they have the Gold card for that purpose. If anything I see them possibly extending the streaming credit into next year depending on how Covid-19 behaves in the coming months

Message 2 of 8
Jccflat
Established Contributor

Does streaming  Amex credit include also WiFi with Verizon fios ?

Message 3 of 8
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Jccflat wrote:

Does streaming  Amex credit include also WiFi with Verizon fios ?

The streaming credit is focused on video and music services (Netflix, Hulu, etc.). Google Fi is the only non-media service I've heard of getting the credit.

I get the wireless credit for Verizon, but that's billed as Verizon Wireless and fios might not count.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 4 of 8
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

My Verizon FIOS triggers the current monthly wireless credit and has triggered previous Verizon Wireless or mobile offers on Amex. YMMV (and it doesn't trigger internet, cable, or phone on US Bank Cash+ for me).

Message 5 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Jccflat wrote:

I just applied last week for the AMEX platinum and I got the offer one 125,000 bonus points

Now I see they have a welcome offer of Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® Points + 10x Points at U.S. Gas Stations & U.S. Supermarkets

And I am a heavy buyer on  groceries for my business

Is there anyway to get this welcome offer instead?

Do you guys think that AMEX platinum will add to platinum A grocery category soon? After the streaming credit Expires in dec 

Only on myFico do we find disappointment with a 125,000  SUBSmiley Wink

Message 6 of 8
Jccflat
Established Contributor

Lol

But with the new offer I would get 150,000 then the 75,000 within two months of grocery shopping 

Message 7 of 8
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Your Whole Foods seems to have a price premium compared to mine.  😉 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.