cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex pop up offer for Amex Platinum from PRG? Soft pull?

tag
mccallb
Frequent Contributor

Amex pop up offer for Amex Platinum from PRG? Soft pull?

So today I logged in to pay my amex gold.  I got a pop up with an offer to upgrade to platinum.  

It even offers me an additional 60K points if i spend 5K in the first 3 months (Ez pz)

My question - is it any kind of pull at this point, or is it automatic if I choose it?  I wouldn't mind it at all, and I use the snot out of those cards.

Any thoughts?

CK EQ: 730 / CK TU: 735 / EXP FICO: 721 / EX Vantage: 793 / Total Exposure: 112K
11 REPLIES 11
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex pop up offer for Amex Platinum from PRG? Soft pull?

I'd guess soft since anecdotally all Amex product changes haven't required a HP; however, while I have that offer on my Zync 60K points isn't enough to tempt me... that said I have a limited use case for the Plat currently.  

If you need it right now go for it, but I've had higher offers previously on my Zync and occasionally the 100K offers do float for straight apps.

        
Message 2 of 12
mccallb
Frequent Contributor

Hey thanks for the info!

I have about 90K points already on my Amex, and rarely use points.  I'd mostly want the lounges, 5x on direct books, and the refunds from Uber or PreChek.

I don't mind the annual fee, I mostly just don't want any more inquiries.  I'm at a 730 right now fico and don't want inquiries to hurt me too bad.

Whatcha think?

CK EQ: 730 / CK TU: 735 / EXP FICO: 721 / EX Vantage: 793 / Total Exposure: 112K
Message 3 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@mccallb wrote:

Hey thanks for the info!

I have about 90K points already on my Amex, and rarely use points.  I'd mostly want the lounges, 5x on direct books, and the refunds from Uber or PreChek.

I don't mind the annual fee, I mostly just don't want any more inquiries.  I'm at a 730 right now fico and don't want inquiries to hurt me too bad.

Whatcha think?

I needed the CSR (for similar reasons) and couldn't get approved for it because of 5/24 so I simply PC'd my CSP to it forgoing a bonus altogether.  

I can't fault the logic as a result Smiley Happy.

        
Message 4 of 12
mccallb
Frequent Contributor

Fair enough.  Pulled the trigger.  Platinum card coming in 7-10 days

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mccallb wrote:

Fair enough.  Pulled the trigger.  Platinum card coming in 7-10 days

Was there any info about when the new AF would post to the account.

Im in a similar boat and I'm highly considering this.

Message 6 of 12
mccallb
Frequent Contributor

If I find out, i'll post it here.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mccallb wrote:

If I find out, i'll post it here.

Thanks!

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I upgraded my PRG to the Platinum in April for this same deal.  There was no hard pull, and it was a fairly seemless transition (although it did take a day or two for the computer system to update my card to a platinum).  I was told that within 45 days the AF would post to my account but that it would be prorated (and a prorated PRG annual fee would be refunded).

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I called AmEx. Apparently their system goofed. My account isnt even elligible for upgrade yet. Accounts have to be at least one year old for an upgrade to be possible.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.