Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex pre approval as a Amex card holder

tag
Jccflat
Established Contributor

Amex pre approval as a Amex card holder

Where do I find the pre approval SP offers for new cards in the login if i am a Amex card holder
Is it where u search for new card prudocts and go for pre approval ?

Also how many cards can u have with Amex in a period of 12 months with Amex
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex pre approval as a Amex card holder

Are you the cardholder or asking for a family member or friend (based on previous threads/posts).
Message 2 of 36
Jccflat
Established Contributor

Asking for a family members I love helping ppl
Message 3 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Once logged in, go to Menu-->Cards--->View All Credit Cards.

Scroll to the card you would like, then click "Apply Now." If you are Pre-Approved, it will say "You're Pre-Approved."

If it say "Applying to expand membership with us is easy" then it is not a pre-approval.

Amex doesn't have a max number of cards you can apply in a year. I gotten a total of 5 cards in 17 months. 4 cards in the last 7 months.

Message 4 of 36
Jccflat
Established Contributor

Thanks Steve891
Message 5 of 36
Jccflat
Established Contributor

No offers
But how come wen she checks the all cards option She can’t See the gold card there to app ?
Message 6 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/?category=all

This works better.  As to why there's a missing card when looking it's possible there's a cookie from browsing the website that's preventing it from showing up.  It's also possible Amex wants you to see other options instead.  

Message 7 of 36
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Amex shows prequalified offers in list form, and shows whether you are preapproved for a given card as described above.

To see prequalified offers, view All Cards and then click View Offers. You should do this in Incognito mode to see the best offers.

Prequalified does not mean preapproved. You can be prequalified and still end up being rejected for the card. If you are preapproved, you are really likely to be approved. The reason to check prequalification is that you might get a better sign-up bonus. I would suggest first checking for preapproval, then (if preapproved) check incognito welcome offers and apply via that route.

Good luck!

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 8 of 36
NRB525
Super Contributor

@KJinNC wrote:

Amex shows prequalified offers in list form, and shows whether you are preapproved for a given card as described above.

To see prequalified offers, view All Cards and then click View Offers. You should do this in Incognito mode to see the best offers.

Prequalified does not mean preapproved. You can be prequalified and still end up being rejected for the card. If you are preapproved, you are really likely to be approved. The reason to check prequalification is that you might get a better sign-up bonus. I would suggest first checking for preapproval, then (if preapproved) check incognito welcome offers and apply via that route.

Good luck!

The above is good advice, if there is no specific AMEX offer mailer, with an application code, and that mailer has a particular lucrative bonus involved. Reports have been, if the cardholder gets one of these, then goes nosing around double checking AMEX card offers, it may update AMEX systems with info about that cardholder so that the paper mailer code for that SUB is voided.

Thus if you get a paper mailer, decide off line whether you want it, then apply as your next AMEX interaction, through the site and code on the mailer.  

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 9 of 36
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Once logged in, go to Menu-->Cards--->View All Credit Cards.

Scroll to the card you would like, then click "Apply Now." If you are Pre-Approved, it will say "You're Pre-Approved."

If it say "Applying to expand membership with us is easy" then it is not a pre-approval.

Amex doesn't have a max number of cards you can apply in a year. I gotten a total of 5 cards in 17 months. 4 cards in the last 7 months.

Question, isn't there a cap on how much credit will be extended total across the accounts?

BCE AMEX ($16200) - Citi DC ($11600) - Chase Sapphire Preferred ($10200) - Nordstrom Visa Signature ($10000) - Best Buy Citi Visa ($9950) - Chase Freedom Flex ($7700) - NHL Discover IT ($7000) - Apple Card ($6000) - Delta Gold AMEX ($6000) - Hilton Honors AMEX ($5000) - Barclay View ($5000)

Closed - Capital One Secured ($500) - It is not in my wallet. :-) - Sony/Sync ($2400)

Goal - To get in with Chase. Smiley Very Happy (ACHIEVED!)
Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.