Did you mean: 

Amex pre approval as a Amex card holder

tag
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Amex pre approval as a Amex card holder

@dsotm76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Once logged in, go to Menu-->Cards--->View All Credit Cards.

Scroll to the card you would like, then click "Apply Now." If you are Pre-Approved, it will say "You're Pre-Approved."

If it say "Applying to expand membership with us is easy" then it is not a pre-approval.

Amex doesn't have a max number of cards you can apply in a year. I gotten a total of 5 cards in 17 months. 4 cards in the last 7 months.

Question, isn't there a cap on how much credit will be extended total across the accounts?

Yes, but it is profile-specific, and all banks have something like that, your Internal Limit allowed with that bank. With AMEX they will reallocate automatically when another revolver is added, which reaches / exceeds this Internal Limit.  

Some young files can see multiple $1,000 limits as they apply too quickly, which is fun. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 11 of 36
Jccflat
Established Contributor

How does someone do it in a incognito mode ?
Is a diff bowser
Message 12 of 36
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

It depends on the browser - in Chrome on a Mac, I click the three vertical dots in the upper right of the browser window and choose "new incognito window." Some browsers may refer to it as Private Mode or similar words.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 13 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

CTRL + SHIFT + N = Chrome 

or

Right click on the link and select open in incognito 

Message 14 of 36
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

If you only have a corporate card through your employer, does any one know if this available?
Message 15 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so very much, dsotm76!!  I got approved for the Amex Gold card in August, but I really wanted the Platinum for weekly work travel.  I applied for the Platinum over the phone, but was denied (the denial letter referenced the BK).  Today, I was able to confirm while logged in on the Amex website that I was NOT pre-approved for the Platinum; however, I was pre-approved for the Delta Gold and Delta Platinum cards.  I did not apply for the Delta cards because what I really want is the Amex Platinum, and I don't want to hurt my chances for getting it.  I am paying off the Gold card at the end of each month, but my reading staess that I won't get the Platinum pre-approval for 13 months after August.  I hope this isn't true, but at least I now know how to check for the Platinum pre-approval.  Thanks again for sharing that tip!!

Message 16 of 36
Jccflat
Established Contributor

A pre approved offer After being approved last week with Amex

So A family member have a Hilton that he got 2 months ago and last week got approved for the green Amex card
And just now checked the SP offers and it shows he’s pre approved for a few cards
Including the platinum

Does this mean a approval is it possible if he just got the green card ?

He wants the gold card can try card even it’s not in the Offer of cards ?
Message 17 of 36
grower1
Frequent Contributor

Re: A pre approved offer After being approved last week with Amex

He can click on the apply now for the Gold card (without actually applying) and see if it says You're Preapproved".

Message 18 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Generally once you're in you're pre-approved for a SP approval on ALL cards unless it says "expand your membership" then it's a HP.

It's rare to get a HP w/ the pre-approved message but, it does happen every once in awhile... very rare though.

If applying for more cards though you really need to be using the incognito mode to get the highest bonuses and it's still a SP if you're seeing the "pre-approved" message while logged into a regular browsing session.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/?category=all

Message 19 of 36
Jccflat
Established Contributor

Gold card is now showing in the list
But he tried from a diff browser it It showed preapproved also on the gold
But strange the application was canceled he hopes it was no inquiry for this
Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.