Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex pre approval as a Amex card holder

Jccflat
Established Contributor

Re: A pre approved offer After being approved last week with Amex

Just to be sure for future
I understand the rule 2/90 don’t apply to charge cards am i correct?
Message 31 of 36
FinStar

The 2/90 restriction, as mentioned in a variety of blogs including DoC, refers to "revolver" accounts, not charge cards.
Message 32 of 36
Jccflat
Established Contributor

If that person has a you are pre approved for the Amex Platinum wen he logs in is cards list
And he really wants the Amex gold does he have the same chance of approval?

Also for some reason he can never see the gold card at all in is list
Message 33 of 36
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@ImTheDevil wrote:
I knew you couldn’t upgrade a card to one with a higher AF in the first year due to the CARD act but I never heard you couldn’t apply separately for another one. It’s a separate product so being barred from apping for it doesn’t make sense. I didn’t act on them, but after getting Gold/Surpass/Delta Gold, I’ve seen cards above them (like Plat/Aspire/Reserve) preapproved in my account...

You're not barred. There are plenty of people on here that have been approved for 2 or 3 charge cards at the same time or within an hour or two of each other. I remember a thread from someone where they applied for 2 at the same time, realized they didn't want one and applied for the third and was asking how to cancel the second one.

Message 34 of 36
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Jccflat wrote:
If that person has a you are pre approved for the Amex Platinum wen he logs in is cards list
And he really wants the Amex gold does he have the same chance of approval?

Also for some reason he can never see the gold card at all in is list

Yes.

He was probably denied too many times for it in a short time. Sometimes amex will remove a card for 3 months if they don't want you apping for it. They did it to me.

Message 35 of 36
Jccflat
Established Contributor

Thanks Brian_Earl_Spilner
One last one
Will the pre approved offers he has for the cards now offered be gone if he waits to Apply in a month time if there’s no change on the report for the bad in that time period?
Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.