Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex preapproval - decided to wait

tag
Suzette2
Frequent Contributor

Amex preapproval - decided to wait

So I got a Amex blue cash card- 2k limit in March.  In April, I got a preapproval for delta platinum sky miles with a 1700 limit which I just got. 

I have been spending a lot- and paying almost right away.  I just went to pay a charge from a few days ago: voila! Preapproval for for a Hilton Aspire.  I decided NOT to pull the trigger.  
I just got a discover itt with only a 1k limit and a car loan for 57k. 

since I'm going to be slowly ditching older subprimes and keeping my care credit 3,500, I see no need to try for this so soon.  

im hoping that Amex shows me more love with a CL increase in July on the first Amex.  
Thanks for all the advice here! All the tips are being put to use on my end.  I just have to wait out the ding on my car loan payoff/new car loan.  

6/20 :12/22 :
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex preapproval - decided to wait

@Suzette2 wrote:

So I got a Amex blue cash card- 2k limit in March.  In April, I got a preapproval for delta platinum sky miles with a 1700 limit which I just got. 

I have been spending a lot- and paying almost right away.  I just went to pay a charge from a few days ago: voila! Preapproval for for a Hilton Aspire.  I decided NOT to pull the trigger.  

since I'm going to be slowly ditching older subprimes and keeping my care credit 3,500, I see no need to try for this so soon.  

im hoping that Amex shows me more love with a CL increase in July on the first Amex.  
Thanks for all the advice here! All the tips are being put to use on my end.  I just have to wait out the ding on my car loan payoff/new car loan.  

An item to keep in mind, and a good thing you decided to wait, AmEx only allows 2 approved revolver applications in a 90-day period. So, although the system displayed a preapproved offer, it would be automatically declined due to that restriction.

Message 2 of 3
1LostArk
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex preapproval - decided to wait

@Suzette2 wrote:

A prudent decision! Try and get CLI's when you can, as they are SP's with Amex and won't do harm if you get declined.

Business Cards:
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.