Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex preapproval link

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex preapproval link

I know I saw somewhere that Amex had a link that would let you check for preapproved offers like HASB and BoA. Does anyone know this link?
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex preapproval link

Message 2 of 33
gNaRKiLL
Regular Contributor

Just curious,
If I am already a card member, I clicked on the see my exclusive card member offers and it showed that I am eligible for the platinum and gold card, as well as blue and blue sky. Is that a pre approval?

I have applied for a cli for my current delta card and they have denied me on the basis that my scores are too low, so why would they offer me another card?
Message 3 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

gNaRKiLL wrote:
Just curious,
If I am already a card member, I clicked on the see my exclusive card member offers and it showed that I am eligible for the platinum and gold card, as well as blue and blue sky. Is that a pre approval?

I have applied for a cli for my current delta card and they have denied me on the basis that my scores are too low, so why would they offer me another card?

Those are the same cards everyone gets.  I doubt it's a real preapproval.

Message 4 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have no idea how firm the pre-approval actually is. i haven't been brave enough to test it myself. i have seen one or two approvals, but not sure if anyone has been declined when apping based from the the link.
Message 5 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

dnm45227 wrote:
i have no idea how firm the pre-approval actually is. i haven't been brave enough to test it myself. i have seen one or two approvals, but not sure if anyone has been declined when apping based from the the link.

Well, I don't have any idea either really.  But don't you think it's odd that everyone gets the same cards?

Since we know different Amex cards have different underwriting standards, wouldn't a true preapproval offer cards that fit the applicant's credit profile?

Message 6 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

cheddar wrote:

dnm45227 wrote:

Well, I don't have any idea either really.  But don't you think it's odd that everyone gets the same cards?

Since we know different Amex cards have different underwriting standards, wouldn't a true preapproval offer cards that fit the applicant's credit profile?

exactly why i'm not brave enough to pull the trigger. even though we are planning to go to london this month and i would love to have the lounge access and the concierge to help w/hotel reservations. anyone know if they will still offer this since i only have a plat delta?
Message 7 of 33
future
Frequent Contributor

back on one of the old threads, one or two people tried and said they were approvaled... this preapproval link may not be a hoax after allSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 33
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I was approved for plat when I apped through this link. I think it is possible preapproval.
Message 9 of 33
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Didn't I see something about, if you're already a member, a genuinely pre-approved card will appear at the top of some sort of list on your account page? Seems like I just read this yesterday.

Since AmEx won't let me in at the moment, and I'm still crouched outside their kitchen door, hoping that they will offer me some scraps, I don't know what members' account pages look like. Yet. Smiley Wink

edit: cna't speel Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 02-05-2008 03:54 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.