Did you mean: 

Amex prequalify page gone!!!

tag
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex prequalify page gone!!!

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What I've noticed since getting my first Amex card last year is that when I go to search for pre-qualified offers, once it has my name when I click "submit" it obviously knows I'm already a cardholder, so it prompts me to login to the site.

This is my experience as well... no matter what I do it figures out I'm already a customer and I get the login prompt if I try the prequal.  Smiley Frustrated

Same here. I tried to outsmart it with an incognito window, then it goes "AH HA!"

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have he same problem. Ive tried Firefox, Chrome, and Edge. Always prompts me to login. I chatted with a CSR about it and she gave me a link to featured offers which wasn't very helpful.

Message 12 of 22
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What I've noticed since getting my first Amex card last year is that when I go to search for pre-qualified offers, once it has my name when I click "submit" it obviously knows I'm already a cardholder, so it prompts me to login to the site.

You have to trick it. Give it enough information to find your credit report, but not realize you're already a customer. 

Use an old address or mistype the last four of your social. 

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you give it an incorrect last 4 of your social, how is it going to be providing you with solid pre-quals?  Aren't pre-quals tied to the individual using their SS#?

Message 14 of 22
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you give it an incorrect last 4 of your social, how is it going to be providing you with solid pre-quals?  Aren't pre-quals tied to the individual using their SS#?

You are right, giving the wrong SSN will stop you from getting a prequal.  However, that isn't what the thread is all about.  Most of the time, if you app when you are an Amex customer, they will only pull if you are approved.  This thread is about getting the best signup offers.

Message 15 of 22
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I would prefer that we avoid discussing putting false/misspelled/etc. info into the prequal tool. 

I know there's information elsewhere regarding that - and that's OK - but on here the rules are different.  If we could kindly shift the conversation elsewhere it will prevent me and the other mods from having to be concerned over it.

Thanks for understanding.  Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 22
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

I would prefer that we avoid discussing putting false/misspelled/etc. info into the prequal tool. 

I know there's information elsewhere regarding that - and that's OK - but on here the rules are different.  If we could kindly shift the conversation elsewhere it will prevent me and the other mods from having to be concerned over it.

I don't think discussing how to get the best signup offers to show up is against any rules of the forums. We're not discussing churning, or manufactured spending. For comparison's sake, incognito offer tricks have been discussed ad nauseam. 

If what we discussed is against any rule, please let me know which one. 

Message 17 of 22
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

I don't think discussing how to get the best signup offers to show up is against any rules of the forums. We're not discussing churning, or manufactured spending. For comparison's sake, incognito offer tricks have been discussed ad nauseam. 

If what we discussed is against any rule, please let me know which one. 

It's against the TOS to discuss or promote activities that are unethical, which entering false or fictitious information (for whatever reason) is precariously close to - this is not the same as using an incognito browser.  As I tried to delicately state previously, I would prefer to avoid the issue altogether.

If you have further questions you can send me a PM.

Edited to add:  There's no issue with discussion of churning.

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

That suck's!

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just as an aside, i am thinking the vpn trick likely falls under amex new rules about getting offers not meant for you, gaming the system, etc.  Please don't kill the messenger

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.