Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex question about spending ability

tag
8benji
Valued Member

Amex question about spending ability

Hi all. I have an Amex Delta SkyMiles card. Ive had it for 8 months. Ive had a $2000 limit. I went to the AMEX site to pay my bill for Nov (in full just like every month) and decided to click the Spending Availability icon (gold arrow thing) to see what would happen. I was being conservative and put in $3000 and it said I was approved to spend $3000 even though it still said my limit was $2000. My question is: HAS MY CREDIT LIMIT JUST BEEN INCREASED TO $3000?

Please help.

Starting Score: 680
Current Score: 700
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
8benji
Valued Member

Re: Amex question about spending ability

Nevermind, I called AMEX and I now have a $5000 limit! woot!!

Message 2 of 10
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Congrats

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 3 of 10
mross1080
Established Contributor

Congrats!

Message 4 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

congrats...

Message 5 of 10
8benji
Valued Member

Thanks everyone! In another 6 to 8 months, I'll ask for another increase! I love AMEX and all of you here at MyFico. My life has changed so much as a result of being smart about my finances and credit!

Message 6 of 10
joestay
Frequent Contributor

Congrats.  I too in 6 month will ask for another cli.  I'll increase it to a $10k limit.

Message 7 of 10
stefanc
Regular Contributor

@8benji wrote:

Hi all. I have an Amex Delta SkyMiles card. Ive had it for 8 months. Ive had a $2000 limit. I went to the AMEX site to pay my bill for Nov (in full just like every month) and decided to click the Spending Availability icon (gold arrow thing) to see what would happen. I was being conservative and put in $3000 and it said I was approved to spend $3000 even though it still said my limit was $2000. My question is: HAS MY CREDIT LIMIT JUST BEEN INCREASED TO $3000?

Please help.

Hi 8benji,

Just wondering how that phone conversation went on the increase to a 5,000 limit? Did they automatically just increase you because of your online spending ability check? Did you ask for a CLI? Or?

TIA

Message 8 of 10
8benji
Valued Member

I called and entered my CLI on the automated system. The computer told me that I had been approved for the $5,000 that I had entered. Life is good.

Message 9 of 10
stefanc
Regular Contributor

@8benji wrote:

I called and entered my CLI on the automated system. The computer told me that I had been approved for the $5,000 that I had entered. Life is good.

Thanks 8benji. Hmmmmmmm...  tempting

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.