Mekitcat
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex question

Thank You! Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 28
Mekitcat
Frequent Contributor

I just got a notice from Citi Identity Monitor it was a hard pull on my EX.

But boy was it well worth it! Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats

Message 13 of 28
Mekitcat
Frequent Contributor

Thank You!

Message 14 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is an awesome credit limit!

They only gave me 5k, but I have two other cards with them so that is prob why. 

Congrats!!! 

Not to get you too excited, but the Chase Freedom is an awesome card too. Actually, one of my favorites. 

I know, I am the devil. LOL

Message 15 of 28
Mekitcat
Frequent Contributor

Thanks I was stoked to say the least Smiley Wink

Actually I was looking between BCP, Chase Freedom, and Discover More. Discover denied me said I didn't have a long enough history. I didn't try Chase my DH apped with them and they only gave him $500 and he got good credit so I didn't bother but I did like what they offer maybe down the road I will get it.

Message 16 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

When you applied, did you log in to your Amex account first and appy from within, or do the app without logging in? Not sure if this matters, but just curious as I am in the same spot as you, having the Zync for about a month, I'm probably going to wait a month or two before apping waiting for a few INQ to fall off and also pay down a $900 balance on my new CITI Card as well.

Message 17 of 28
Mekitcat
Frequent Contributor

Thanks!

Yes I did it while logged into my account. It asks you to put in the 4 digit number on the front of your card. It makes the process go faster too because they are using the info off your account to do it.

If you do it good luck!

Message 18 of 28
Mekitcat
Frequent Contributor

Wow! I just recieved my EX fico from AMEX and it was better than I thought! 749!! Yea!!

I am so on track now.  I have come so far after losing everything years ago. It can only get better from here!!

I am beyond words happy!! Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Message 19 of 28
winstars
Regular Contributor

@Mekitcat wrote:

Wow! I just recieved my EX fico from AMEX and it was better than I thought! 749!! Yea!!

I am so on track now.  I have come so far after losing everything years ago. It can only get better from here!!

I am beyond words happy!! Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Congrats again!!! So you got a snail mail letter from AMEX with your official approval and it gave you your  EX FICO scrore??? Did they tell you the APR for the card??? I thought if approved you did not receive a score, unless you don't receive the most favorable terms ie APR wise??? But I have read so many AMEX threads here that maybe I am wrong.

Starting Score: TU-685 (FICO) EQ-674 (FICO) EX-713 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Current Score: TU-800 (FICO) EQ-812 (FICO) EX-800 (PLUS SCORE FAKO)
Goal Score: 815

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.