Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex "Payments" tab buggy?

tag
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Amex "Payments" tab buggy?

Have others been having problems with the Amex website, specifically the pay-from bank account info?

I want to close a checking account, and I've tried 4 times in the last week to delete it from the Amex website so it won't be my default autopay account. I keep encountering some bug or another every time.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex "Payments" tab buggy?

I occasionally have to pay through my phone app because the website doesn’t work. They still have some work to do.
Message 2 of 9
McNugget
Regular Contributor

The site has been buggy for me in general for the past couple days.
| Amex BCP | BoA Cash Rewards | Cap1 QS | Cap1 SavorOne | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Citi DC | Citi Simplicity | Discover It Cash Back | JCrew | USB Cash+ | Target (AU) |
Message 3 of 9
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I was able to delete the soon-to-be-closed checking account via the Amex app. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 9
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

I was having some issues with Amex and Discovers sites, but found out that my browsers privacy/ad blocker was the culprit.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last month when paying all Amex Cards my payments timed out on the website ( using Safari ).  I picked up my phone paid all cards without an issue via the app.  

I tend to pay via app half the time anyway, but there's been various of website design layout changes lately with mixed impressions.

Message 6 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@wasCB14 wrote:

I was able to delete the soon-to-be-closed checking account via the Amex app. Smiley Happy

I was gonna say, when you experience any issues online, use the app.  Then again, you could always try different browsers since some features will work on some but not the others.

Message 7 of 9
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

I was gonna say, when you experience any issues online, use the app.  Then again, you could always try different browsers since some features will work on some but not the others.

Same problem with my Citi credit cards, same solution.

Message 8 of 9
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

A lot of functions in some bank sites (Amex and Capital one comes to mine) will be blocked if you have an installed ad-blocker (e.g. uBlock),  and/or tracker blocker (e.g. Ghostery). You have to trust the site/s, and it should function just fine. You can check exactly what's happening with the dev console (f12 on Chrome). 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.