Re: Amex reinstatement?

As a bonus chaser myself honestly 

I have a plan for spend for normal everyday purchases 

Geez y'all giving me a bad name and will mess it up for even me 

Smiley Surprised

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 41 of 74
Strogen
Frequent Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@Strogen wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

And to answer your question any points that haven't been moved 

Please sit down 

ARE GONE INCLUDING CASHBACK

I had 156 MR points Smiley Happy after spending the 50K MR on a 500 gift card yesterday. I used it at home depot immediately. 

Now, I have like 90K HHonors points in my HHonors account. Are these in danger? No if they have already been credited Amex can't touch them 

But any MR and cashback left are gone sorry 

This is their way of getting some redemption and sad to say it will be awhile before Amex will take you back if they ever do 

This 100k Plat thing is bad and we may see new rules and policing from this ....trust me 

Thanks for the info and thanks to anyone else that contributed. This has been a learning experience for me to say the least. After I speak with them I will post an update. 

The points are safely in my HHonors account but my 10K refferal bonus isnt. Oh well. I got most of em. 

I guess I figured, chase didnt shut me down with 8 accounts so Amex wont with 4 (3 of which got any bonus). 

807 TU FICO Score 8.
Message 42 of 74
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

@Strogen wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

An even $4000 PayPal transaction screams red flag. What was that for?

I guess I got burned hard. 

Self inflicted AA Smiley Frustrated

TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 43 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Repat, DoraLucky & Myjourney, thanks for this info.  I had no idea.  Guess I need to know what's going on behine the scenes more.  I actually stay away from paypal.  I see a lot of merchants asking you to use it.  Never did.  Still much to learn here.  

Message 44 of 74
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Strogen wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Next to the paypal transactions it says most of my name so theres pretty much no getting out of this. I have two paypal accounts and paypal must know they are both mine as my social is on both. One for paypal credit one for paypal mastercard. 

I send money to myself if I ever need to using a credit card, its cheaper than a straight up cash withdrawl(and also has no limit like a cash withdrawl limit)  and can also be used to meet spend requirments. 

Oh we know what went down and so does Amex 

You didn't spend much for that bonus because you paid yourself 

Bad bad for others 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 45 of 74
Berk
Established Contributor

Maybe I don't want to be young again.

Message 46 of 74
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Strogen wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Next to the paypal transactions it says most of my name so theres pretty much no getting out of this. I have two paypal accounts and paypal must know they are both mine as my social is on both. One for paypal credit one for paypal mastercard. 

I send money to myself if I ever need to using a credit card, its cheaper than a straight up cash withdrawl(and also has no limit like a cash withdrawl limit)  and can also be used to meet spend requirments. 

Sorry OP, chalk this one up to lessons learned the hard way.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 47 of 74
UncleB
Credit Mentor

As tragic as this is for the OP, I agree that it is very informative to those who otherwise might not be aware that Amex is on the lookout for stuff like this.

Further, even though it was self-inflicted, I appreciate the OP's honesty with us on what the underlying factor was.  We could have been left merely speculating, instead we got reminded that PayPal is, indeed still better off left to other cards.

I buy my vitamins and herbal supplements on eBay and use PayPal, but I always use any card but Amex... actually, I don't even have Amex loaded on my PayPal account.

Message 48 of 74
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

Well OP strange things happen. Pay of the balances in FULL and call AMEX with a VERY GOOD explanation. You just never know what will happen....I mean stranger things have happened. Good Luck!

TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 49 of 74
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Strogen wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Strogen wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

And to answer your question any points that haven't been moved 

Please sit down 

ARE GONE INCLUDING CASHBACK

I had 156 MR points Smiley Happy after spending the 50K MR on a 500 gift card yesterday. I used it at home depot immediately. 

Now, I have like 90K HHonors points in my HHonors account. Are these in danger? No if they have already been credited Amex can't touch them 

But any MR and cashback left are gone sorry 

This is their way of getting some redemption and sad to say it will be awhile before Amex will take you back if they ever do 

This 100k Plat thing is bad and we may see new rules and policing from this ....trust me 

Thanks for the info and thanks to anyone else that contributed. This has been a learning experience for me to say the least. After I speak with them I will post an update. 

The points are safely in my HHonors account but my 10K refferal bonus isnt. Oh well. I got most of em. 

I guess I figured, chase didnt shut me down with 8 accounts so Amex wont with 4 (3 of which got any bonus). 

Call whomever they will be looking at their account as well .....

Ok I have to ask with all the info we supply here about the how too's

What were you thinking?

And I mean no harm but you can help someone else 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 50 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.