Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex rep glitch my cli button online?

tag
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

Amex rep glitch my cli button online?

So after calling in amex to ask a question about cash advance and tried to lower my cash advance to only 100. When I go online my request credit line button don't work anymore, I get this message "

Our records indicate a request for a line of credit increase has already been submitted, and is currently being processed or that the line of credit on your account was increased within the last 30 days.

Your account is not eligible for a new request at this time. Please call 1-800-576-8942 if you have any questions.

when will it go away?

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex rep glitch my cli button online?

yuck, but why would you ask to lower your cash advance limit? is it just too tempting?

Message 2 of 7
score_building
Senior Contributor

Going forward, would perhaps skip calling Amex with inquiries relating to cash advances and assuming restraint isn't an issue, why CLD- can just let it sit.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 7
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

I think it's a good idea to set it lower. I set mine to 0$ so I dont get any funny cash advanced fees when I buy gift cards Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Mine are still the same, never found any reason or situation to lower the threshold.  Matter of preference I suppose for some folks.

Message 5 of 7
jenn_bar
Frequent Contributor

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

I think it's a good idea to set it lower. I set mine to 0$ so I dont get any funny cash advanced fees when I buy gift cards Smiley LOL

BINGO! Did this to all my accounts just for safety. I'd rather have them decline it than charge me a fee to offset my cashback.

Message 6 of 7
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@jenn_bar wrote:

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

BINGO! Did this to all my accounts just for safety. I'd rather have them decline it than charge me a fee to offset my cashback.

I had this save me before. DW being new to the country didn't know what a cash advance was, so instead of using our debit card one day with western union she used our chase credit card card, if it didn't decline we would been in a world of hurt with fees on a $1000.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.